shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this marquise PLEASE

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody,
So my search is on, please if you could let me know your thoughts on this stone. I only have the gia report and short video in my email.
I also asked for more pictures.
I do not know the price, as the company that would sell it to me is only selling it with the setting and gave me the price with the setting only. Happy to disclose if that is aloud.
Thank you !!!!

_703.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the video on YouTube under a fake name or a name that isn't your real name? The report doesn't give any information about how well it is cut and how well it returns light so photographs and videos are best.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please post the video. And posting the price is fine - but also let us know what kind of setting it is.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I will try to post it, I am also waiting for the pics. I love the setting and that is why I would consider this company. I was worried about the feather being so close to the edge.

_704.png

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
The quote I got was around twenty two thousand us,

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I found it on the website - however they list a 1.52 center stone - It looks like your report is 1.7. So that seems a little weird?

Anyways, JA comps come up at around 9.3k USD for a nice looking 1.59. In fact, they have a 2.02 for 17.5k. So you are paying A LOT for that setting. It's a lovely setting, up to you if it's worth that much.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Yes, she told me that particular ring sold, but they are affiliated with Kwiat and can make the ring with that stone, they also gave me an option on 1.5 stone, but it didn't look good.
Yes I also looked up JA and email them about setting, but they don't really have a setting I like. Yes I thought the price of the setting was a lot, but than I don't really know how much that kind of setting really costs. My original budget was about 14000 for a stone and about 4-4500 for the setting.
I just loved that setting, I thought it was unique. This ring is for my big b day. I already have an E-ring ...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may also be able to get a similar setting custom made for that price. Here are the JAs I was looking at. The smaller one leaves you with a TON of room on the setting, the larger one would be a bit tighter. (I much rpefer the look of the smaller too)

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/1.59-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-452873
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/2.18-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-583510
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/2.02-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-519959

I'm going to look at some settings as well. If you go custom you don't HAVE to get both at the same place. It does make it easier though.

eta - You should absolutely call kiwat and see what the cost of the setting is. You might be able to send a stone to them and have them make the setting for you as well.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Dollyandjuli, I have not! I will do that now, I do have a feeling that they probably only use there stones... And thank you for looking, I was on there website, but didn't see it!!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can say you already have a stone (fib), and they might be more receptive. If you say 'your stones are too expensive, I'm buying it from a cheaper website' they will likely not react as well :lol:

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Telephone89, you called my name :naughty: ! I have been watching the JA videos for last couple of days and really thinking where to put my money... I have a size 5 finger and the proportions of 1.7-2 would be just right. I don't think I would do any bigger. I already have 2ct ring and the size is perfect. I just fell for that setting...

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Telephone89,
My husband just emailed them, so I'll see what they say.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
I guess I forgot to say, that also I wasn't really looking for G Si, I was looking for GH vs2, Si kind of scares me...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most vendors will be able to look at the stone and tell you if they are eye clean. Totally a personal thing if you are ok with inclusions so long as you cant see them, or if you prefer to have a vs/vvs so you KNOW you cant see them.

Let us know what they say!

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I will, we are in Europe at the moment, so time to go to bed, but will let you know more tomorrow. I hope there will be an email from them in the morning.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hi, we had a reply from the company. They said they don't give out the price of the setting and that it is only sold it with center stone.
They said a pride for approx 2ct H vs2 would be around 24k.
I still don't have a pics for the 1.70 g si, but I hope coming to my email today..

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
just commenting on the setting which is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! My husband recently surprised me with a custom ring based off of a Kwiat East West Marquise setting and i just adore it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking through David Klass's fb album and I saw an emerald with a baguette halo. I think you should send him a quick email for a quote.

However, that is pretty good pricing from kiwat as well. 2 ct for 24k - larger than you were looking at through this other site, and not much more. The 2cts I posted were 17-20k so still a little cheaper if you can get a nice custom setting. But nice to have it all done in one place if possible too!

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hi, Farrahlyn, did you try on the actual kwiat? Or did anyone? When I tried to search if anyone had Kwiat ring here I couldn't find anything.
Telephone89, yes I prefer everything from one place as I live now in Europe.
Well here are the pictures of the 1.7

_707.png

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First things first - if that is your email in the 2nd picture, please delete the picture and crop it out!

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
It is!!!! :o how can I delete it?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is too late to edit the post now. Click 'report' on the top right corner and you can write in the box why.

In the video, is the bowtie so pronounced? I don't love that

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hi, I hope they remove it!
The video is so short, I will have a look again.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Well the video is short and I say not in a great light, kind of same as the pic, I can't really tell if it's lively bright stone. The bow tie doesn't seem so bad, I don't see any black really. I think some bow tie is unavoidable... I really just love JA for showing the stones in those videos, that one really has a good idea and you can really see the "black" in some stones.

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Cropped pic

_709.png

_710.png

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
The other one

_712.png

Callmyname

Rough_Rock
Hi, any opinions??? My time is ticking, as my b day is Christmas Eve, so I don't have much time to order..
Please anyone? Anyone tried on Kwiat ring? Owns one?

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sorry, no. i never tried on the Kwiat ring, i just love the setting. i had it pinned on pinterest (thank God for pinterest!), my husband knew it was one of my favorite settings and had it made as a surprise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results