shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this lab grown diamond?

gdmons217

Rough_Rock
Is this a good buy for an e-ring? It says it’s bigger than it should and might appear darker close up. Just basing it off the 360 it looks nice but I’m not too familiar with diamonds and someone told me to put it through the HCA. image0.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6801.png
    IMG_6801.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6800.png
    IMG_6800.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 19

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the price of it?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut precision could be a bit better, and the price seems pretty high compared to what we've been seeing. Are you open to buying from a vendor like LooseGrownDiamond, Adiamor, Ritani, etc.?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The cut precision could be a bit better, and the price seems pretty high compared to what we've been seeing. Are you open to buying from a vendor like LooseGrownDiamond, Adiamor, Ritani, etc.?

gdmons217 - we'll post you some amazing recommendations from some of these popular online sellers so that you can at least compare.

gdmons217

Rough_Rock

I actually bought already, just wondering if I got a deal or not. My main concern is will it still have good fire despite being wider than most diamonds with similar specs? From all my research H&A diamonds are high performance but I’ve seen some videos where it’s a H&A but does the same compared to triple EX

gdmons217

Rough_Rock
gdmons217 - we'll post you some amazing recommendations from some of these popular online sellers so that you can at least compare.

I actually bought already, just wondering if the performance won’t be affected by it being wider

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Typically for an e-ring, we like to see crown angles 34-35 r pavilion angles 40.6-40.9. This is bc e-rings are seen up close, and the stone will still sparkle even though someone's head is blocking a lot of the light.

Some of the wider stones are ok as pendants and earrings bc no one gets their head that up close and personal to an ear or chest. There's plenty of light to still get to the stone and compensate for the slightly non-ideal angles.

You'll be the best judge at the point since you purchased it. If you like it, then that's what counts. Please post photos and videos, and we can help you judge what you bought.

Does the retailer have a good return policy? Do you want us to keep looking for you so you can compare two stones?

gdmons217

Rough_Rock
Typically for an e-ring, we like to see crown angles 34-35 r pavilion angles 40.6-40.9. This is bc e-rings are seen up close, and the stone will still sparkle even though someone's head is blocking a lot of the light.

Some of the wider stones are ok as pendants and earrings bc no one gets their head that up close and personal to an ear or chest. There's plenty of light to still get to the stone and compensate for the slightly non-ideal angles.

You'll be the best judge at the point since you purchased it. If you like it, then that's what counts. Please post photos and videos, and we can help you judge what you bought.

Does the retailer have a good return policy? Do you want us to keep looking for you so you can compare two stones?

It’s been purchased and is currently being made into an e-ring, I was given a 3 month time frame. With a setting like this would you say the performance of the diamond will be bad up close? I was under the impression that the “ideal” was top specs IMG_6807.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6806.jpeg
    IMG_6806.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6808.jpeg
    IMG_6808.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not an expert regarding settings, but I don’t see why the above beautiful setting wouldn’t work.

The term “Ideal” is broad when compared to Pricescope standards. That cut is definitely better than the majority of stones out there (and far better than most uncertified stones out there), but when you start scrutinizing angles, there are better stones out there.

You quoted your price in pounds. Did you go through a local jeweler? Do you want the experts here to show you what we mean by better cut and better price?

You’re already having this made into a ring. We don’t want to throw a wrench into your plans. Decide based on what will be mind clean for you in the long run.

gdmons217

Rough_Rock
I’m not an expert regarding settings, but I don’t see why the above beautiful setting wouldn’t work.

The term “Ideal” is broad when compared to Pricescope standards. That cut is definitely better than the majority of stones out there (and far better than most uncertified stones out there), but when you start scrutinizing angles, there are better stones out there.

You quoted your price in pounds. Did you go through a local jeweler? Do you want the experts here to show you what we mean by better cut and better price?

You’re already having this made into a ring. We don’t want to throw a wrench into your plans. Decide based on what will be mind clean for you in the long run.

Ahh yea I was just wondering if the covered areas of the diamond from the setting would impact the sparkle.

I got it made through a friend in the UK and was suggested that particular diamond over the many others I picked which after putting it through HCA wouldn’t have been as good. I do want to get a floating round/heart diamond necklace in the future so the best specs to look out for maximum sparkle would be nice to know.

I guess I more so just wanted to know if the fire on the diamond I had ordered would perform well more than anything.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
At this point, see if you like it. It’s not a bad stone. Fire and brightness are a balancing act.

You wondered above “if you got a deal or not,” but as was mentioned, we thought the price was a bit high.

Say the word, and experts will show you other stones. Otherwise, we’ll leave well enough alone.

gdmons217

Rough_Rock
At this point, see if you like it. It’s not a bad stone. Fire and brightness are a balancing act.

You wondered above “if you got a deal or not,” but as was mentioned, we thought the price was a bit high.

Say the word, and experts will show you other stones. Otherwise, we’ll leave well enough alone.

Yea I wish I knew about PS before when I was looking into diamonds. Appreciate your time tho! I’ll be back with updates when I receive it! And any future purchases

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results