shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this lab diamond?

makb1029

Rough_Rock
Hello, I recently put a diamond on hold and was wondering your opinion. I seem to be getting mixed reviews so please don't roast me too harshly lol.

Here are the stats:

Lab oval

1.56 carats, E, VS-1

9.37 x 6.79 x 4.11 mm

Polish: EX

Symmetry: EX

Fluor: None

Table: 59.5%

Total depth: 60.5%

Cutlet: pointed

Girdle: thin to medium faceted

Price: after I use a gift card, $2160 (normally $4160).

Link: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.56-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-9044492

Sadly I have to use JA because of the gift card and this is the only lab oval I have seen above 1.5 carats in months. Normally I would go down in color and probably clarity but I found this stone as it was with no other options.

I was wondering what you thought of it, mainly if it would be sparkly. Also, I noticed it seems to face up very big. Is the cut still ok? Thank you very much.

LadybugTN

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Not sure if you moved forward with this stone, but did want to tell you that Jon at Distinctive Gem has a free concierge service with JA and several others.

He’s so well known for his weigh in on stone performance and optics, so I would definitely go check that out!

hope this helps especially because ovals can appear dead in the center if not cut well.

makb1029

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Not sure if you moved forward with this stone, but did want to tell you that Jon at Distinctive Gem has a free concierge service with JA and several others.

He’s so well known for his weigh in on stone performance and optics, so I would definitely go check that out!

hope this helps especially because ovals can appear dead in the center if not cut well.

Thank you, how do I go about doing that?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, how do I go about doing that?

Fill out an inquiry page on his website where it says "diamond concierge " or something similar

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results