shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this idealscope?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm not crazy about the proportions. You have a larger spread because of the shallow depth, but stones like that often have obstruction issues, and appear quite dark when viewed up close because of head and body shadow. I think stones like this are usually recommended for earrings or as a pendant.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Christina... said:
I'm not crazy about the proportions. You have a larger spread because of the shallow depth, but stones like that often have obstruction issues, and appear quite dark when viewed up close because of head and body shadow. I think stones like this are usually recommended for earrings or as a pendant.

*sigh* I agree, it's dark. I'll see the image he sends me tomorrow and then ask him his opinion.

I had such high hopes as its HCA was 1.7, it was an AGA 2A, and all my limited online research should have lead to a nice bright diamond. bah. :blackeye:

06pvc

Shiny_Rock
Lots and lots and lots of diamonds out there, so if this one isn't perfect no stress, you'll find the right one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My thought is: We might need to encourage Yekutiel to upgrade his IS photo set up.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
usually shallow pav leads to obstruction issue, not shallow depth?

ask the vendor about the stone.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I did, he retook the photo and it does look better. Then he did me one more and sent me a massive amount of pictures as well as of another diamond he found to compare to (which there's plenty of btw). I'd post them now if I could but I'm stuck at work.

They look fine to me, I don't want to scrutinize the microscopic pictures as they are of SI2 diamonds and in one I can very easily see the inclusion - but it's white, which should be fine. Does anyone know what magnification IDJ usually takes their pictures with offhand?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure, but you could ask him. Often times the inclusions look clear in the magnified images and are still well hidden. With this stone being an SI2, I would be sure to ask Yuketiel what he sees with his eyes and from what distance. It's possible that the inclusion would only be visible from the side, you can only ask. :))

slg47 My mistake, I thought that a large table combined with a shallow depth caused head obstruction and was the reason that while some people liked the spread of a 60/60 others felt that they went too dark when viewed at close distances.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't ask how far he held it, but he said (he was on the phone with me) that when he first got it it was eye clean, then he louped and found the inclusion, and then said said after louping i would see it if i looked really hard for it. I think that'll probably be fine, but I wouldn't mind a not so magnified pic to see... just for piece of mind. The other diamond he sent was beautiful too, but it had different dimensions which would give it a different look that I may like more.

I won't be able to see them in person, but i did ask for a side by side and someone I know was considering dropping by for me and just see them in person. If they say there's no difference between the two - i'm happy. I might just possibly ask him to show a G with a smaller spread in our price range... but we'll see, the FF needs to check his email with these first and tell me how he feels about the stones.

I'll post the pics tonight or tomorrow depending on what time i get off :)

06pvc

Shiny_Rock
nicstx|1336173486|3187841 said:
I didn't ask how far he held it, but he said (he was on the phone with me) that when he first got it it was eye clean, then he louped and found the inclusion, and then said said after louping i would see it if i looked really hard for it.

This is exactly what he told me with the SI2 I got from him. And it is accurate. With mine, i can see the inclusion if it is at just the right angle and the light is hitting it just right. However no one I showed the diamond could spot it (including my fiance).

Is the inclusions in the table or on the crown? Is it prongable?

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1336105156|3187184 said:
My thought is: We might need to encourage Yekutiel to upgrade his IS photo set up.
very true. But the ASET pics he takes are much better. I ended up choosing my diamond from him based on the differences in the Aset images.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
smoothmoose|1336193046|3187998 said:
Gypsy|1336105156|3187184 said:
very true. But the ASET pics he takes are much better. I ended up choosing my diamond from him based on the differences in the Aset images.
That's a work around. Good post.

06pvc

Shiny_Rock
I worked with IDJ and felt like my ASET wasn't that helpful because it masked light leakage in the table.

The idealscope was pink, then the ASET was blood red. Still not sure how to interpret that.

06pvc

Shiny_Rock
Here are the two pics to illustrate my point. Still think you need the idealscope despite IDJs less than steller pictures.

ASET_15.jpg

Idealscope_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, but even yours is better quality than the OPs.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
ok, I'm back - I didn't get home till past midnight and couldn't stay awake

Here is the updated IS

I will try to download and upload the two diamonds to get opinions in light return, I really wish I could go see them in person :(sad

ideal-scope.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results