shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this idealscope picture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Thanks for such great information! I''ve been reading alot of stuff the past week. Just wanted to know the opinion on this one. The HCA score, using GIA measurements, was 1.1. I am considering this one for purchase.

thanks in advance!!

Pugsy
PS: file attached (not sure if it shows up here in the post)

idealscope120706.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it!! There is a little leakage near the edge, but this is fine since it will show contrast.

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for the fast response! Since the leakage is on the edge, will that tend to make the diamond look "smaller"?

Pugsy

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 6:30:14 PM
Author: diamondpug
Wow, thanks for the fast response! Since the leakage is on the edge, will that tend to make the diamond look 'smaller'?

Pugsy
nope not unless its too much.
that one is pretty much just right its a nice classic girdle profile.
looks like a nice diamond so far.
Id rate it as near-h&a by the looks of the arrows but a heart picture would tell that story for sure.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Its long, but I read this last night and finally learned how to read and interpret basially every detail on an idealscope photo.

The stone has pretty good, but not perfect (or near) symmetry (unless the picture is just wacky b/c it was taken at an angle or something - if you move the stone around under the idealscope, even a little, if its not 100% straight on, it'll look different). However, the blacks are excellent and bound to give you a lot of contrast, and its got a nice consistent red throughout (maybe just a tad weak under the table).

Looks nice.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 8:00:44 PM
Author: ILikeBond
Its long, but I read this last night and finally learned how to read and interpret basially every detail on an idealscope photo.

The stone has pretty good, but not perfect (or near) symmetry (unless the picture is just wacky b/c it was taken at an angle or something - if you move the stone around under the idealscope, even a little, if its not 100% straight on, it''ll look different). However, the blacks are excellent and bound to give you a lot of contrast, and its got a nice consistent red throughout (maybe just a tad weak under the table).

Looks nice.
Good eval.
The lighter red under the table in this case is no issue.
Its not white and unless the lighting and camera settings is perfect it will show up to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results