shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this HoF diamond price wise?

PiratePete

Rough_Rock
I found this diamond set in a $500-$600 ring. So diamond itself would be valued at about $2500.

Report Type : Diamond Quality Document
Shape and Style : Round Brilliant
Measurements : 5.76 - 5.80 x 3.56mm
Cut Grade : AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade : AGS 2.5 (I)
Clarity Grade : AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight 0.727
Fluorescence : Negligible
Comments : Hearts on Fire
Polish: (Blank)
Symmetry: (Blank)
Table: 55.0%
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown Height : 15.6%
Girdle : Faceted, 1.0% to 4.0%
Pavillion Angle: 40.7
Pavillion Depth: 42.8%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Girdle Length: 75%
Total Depth: 61.5%
Culet: Pointed

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you know for sure it is a Hearts on Fire?
If so, they are beautifully cut diamonds, one normally pay a premium for a "branded" stone.
Good luck.

edit: ran it through the HCA, 1.1, so looks good

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful H&A stones but high premium.

E B

Ideal_Rock
The only diamonds comparable (.70-.75 I, VS2) to the HoF in PS's search engine are both priced at over $3k, and still at over $2500 if I take it down to SI1 clarity, so I'd say that's reasonable if all is new (and a genuine HoF/AGS0). You may be able to haggle down if it's preowned.

PiratePete

Rough_Rock
E B|1460143067|4017063 said:
The only diamonds comparable (.70-.75 I, VS2) to the HoF in PS's search engine are both priced at over $3k, and still at over $2500 if I take it down to SI1 clarity, so I'd say that's reasonable if all is new (and a genuine HoF/AGS0). You may be able to haggle down if it's preowned.

Yeah I know HoF you usually pay a pretty big premium. This is a pretty poor cut for HoF that I've seen on HCA, a 1.1. Would rather it have been closer to .7. But price wise looks about on par with non HoF diamonds, and any comparable were closer to 1.5 HCA. Will just have to make sure it's eye clean, it was originally purchased at a local jeweler I know, so I am going to have him check it out too.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PiratePete|1460146805|4017084 said:

Yeah I know HoF you usually pay a pretty big premium. This is a pretty poor cut for HoF that I've seen on HCA, a 1.1. Would rather it have been closer to .7. But price wise looks about on par with non HoF diamonds, and any comparable were closer to 1.5 HCA. Will just have to make sure it's eye clean, it was originally purchased at a local jeweler I know, so I am going to have him check it out too.

Using the HCA tool it was Ex, Ex, Ex, Very good......how much better do you want?
The HCA is not a selection tool, rather a rejection tool.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
PiratePete said:

Try those numbers again with GIA rounding.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and will end up panicking a new posters for no reason. Please do not do this. :nono:

The HCA is a pass fail test based on 4 basic data points. It is ONLY a rejection tool. ONLY.

ANY score under 2 is as good as any other. And is a pass.

The diamond is FINE numbers wise.

An AGS0 TRUMPS HCA every single time. Why? Because an AGS0 rating is based on an actual examination of the stone. The is a rough tool based on a couple data points only.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy said:

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and will end up panicking a new posters for no reason. Please do not do this. :nono:

The HCA is a pass fail test based on 4 basic data points. It is ONLY a rejection tool. ONLY.

ANY score under 2 is as good as any other. And is a pass.

The diamond is FINE numbers wise.

An AGS0 TRUMPS HCA every single time. Why? Because an AGS0 rating is based on an actual examination of the stone. The is a rough tool based on a couple data points only.
I thought it was based on 3d measurements of a diamond and with proprietary ray tracing technology arrive at a conclusion if the diamond has ideal light performance based on the ASET? I've seen discrepancies between actual and virtual ASET image.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you probably understand now that a .7 is not better than 1.1 on the HCA, right? That stone has pretty optimal measurements. In no way would it be inferior to one that scores a .7. In fact, most of the top H&A stones I see have scores between .8-1.9. However, it is not necessary to use the HCA for AGS Ideal cut stones at all. The HCA is to help find the GIA EX cut stones that would fall into AGS Ideal cut range.

AGS light performance grading: https://www.americangemsociety.org/ags-labs-platinum-diamond-quality-document

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results