shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this heart shaped diamond, please

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I've fallen in love with this imperfect heart diamond. I kind of impulsively bought it with the thought that if I don't love it when I get it I can always return it.

I wasn't expecting to buy anything more because I've been a bit self-indulgent with my jewellery purchases lately.

There is something about it that is very appealing to me. I love the brown undertone. But I am worried that symmetry and polish are only good and very good, respectively.

I should mention this was a great price - $1200 Canadian. I am just wanting a fun, occasional right hand ring.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/heart-shaped/0.70-carat-j-color-vs1-clarity-sku-8654386

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I know fancy shapes are hard to judge, but what makes you call it imperfect?
I think it’s a very sweet heart, at VS1 should be eye clean, J will have a little tint but I can just imagine this as the sweetest pendant!
For the price, I think you did really well!

Last edited:

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I know fancy shapes are hard to judge, but what makes you call it imperfect?
I think it’s a very sweet heart, at VS1 should be eye clean, J will have a little tint but I can just image this as the sweetest pendant!
For the price, I think you did really well!

Mostly I think of it as imperfect because of the symmetry. Although my eye doesn't notice it.

Thanks, I'm really drawn to it, unlike a lot of other hearts I've looked at. I really appreciate your comment!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see the imperfection here... the shape is literally perfect for a heart. My only pause would be the J color, but If you're good with the tint, then go for it. It would look perfect in a bezel setting.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s gorgeous! I have two small hearts and neither of them are EX/EX on symmetry and polish. My pendant is EX polish and Very Good symmetry and my little bezel ring is just Good Polish/Symmetry. They both sparkle a lot and I love them ❤️

The facets on yours look crisp and wink off and on as I spin it on the 360 video. That body color is one of my favorites, too!

I hope you love it and post “real life” photos when it arrives!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I wouldnt worry about the polish and symmetry. In fancy shapes it's all about whether you love it (obviously there are some things to avoid like huge bowties in ovals), but largely you need to judge with your own eyes. I think the price was great and it looks beautiful

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I don’t trust my eye yet and couldn't say why I liked this one, I just knew I did. I feel a lot more confident in my choice now!

I've been wanting a little heart diamond for a bit so I'm really excited I stumbled upon this one.

@klrrrr I only know I want it in rose gold. I haven't decided on what I want beyond that. My thought is I might sit on setting this one for awhile as I mull it over a bit. I'm definitely open to any suggestions!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mekp I love it. It’s heartlicious. ❤️

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
@Mekp I was just posting about Brent Neale elsewhere, but I'm a fan of this:

I also love Retrouvai's pleated solitaires. Would be so cool with a heart. https://www.retrouvai.com/collectio...d-solitaire-ring-2-31ct-asscher-cut-morganite

Oooh... I like this one. I could maybe do some pink sapphire sides
Screenshot_20210124-141553_Samsung Internet.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Love!!!

Venusara

Rough_Rock
It's such a beautiful perfect heart shape! It would look beautiful set in rose gold☺

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I love the proportions - hard to tell any asymmetry from the photos. Great find - can't wait to see it set!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
I’m not an expert but I love it! I love the warmth, the shape, the size, so pretty!

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Just to update, it arrived today and I really like it. It definitely has brown tint but it is so warm and lovely, I think it is better for it.
It is a decent size, too.
Definitely a keeper!
20210201_122333.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a cute shape!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Just to update, it arrived today and I really like it. It definitely has brown tint but it is so warm and lovely, I think it is better for it.
It is a decent size, too.
Definitely a keeper!
20210201_122333.jpg

So pretty! ❤️❤️

Venusara

Rough_Rock
I love it! The shape is perfect, can't wait to see what you do with it ☺

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfectly proportioned!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh it is pretty! Rose gold might look really nice with it

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
If I weren't saving for a stud upgrade i would love a heart shape stone just like the one you bought It looks so much better in person .

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Lovely heart! I have just recently warmed up to heart shaped diamonds.

I bought one also, a 0.6 ct GIA H SI2. I love mine and it was such a bargain at 550 USD. It arrived today after a long wait. The grade setting inclusion is a single black crystal, but I can hardly see it although I have perfect eye sight. If I really look for it, I can see it at 5 o’clock
position at the edge of the table, but then I think of it as a beauty spot (think Marilyn) :)

I plan to make a pendant out of it and I’m thinking whether to halo it or not. And if so, should I use pink melee and whether to bezel it or not.

5C9A9D60-F88D-440B-9122-7FD3B621223D.jpeg 5103C9B2-F005-4131-A911-8A72A82A9C75.jpeg

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Lovely heart! I have just recently warmed up to heart shaped diamonds.

I bought one also, a 0.6 ct GIA H SI2. I love mine and it was such a bargain at 550 USD. It arrived today after a long wait. The grade setting inclusion is a single black crystal, but I can hardly see it although I have perfect eye sight. If I really look for it, I can see it at 5 o’clock
position at the edge of the table, but then I think of it as a beauty spot (think Marilyn) :)

I plan to make a pendant out of it and I’m thinking whether to halo it or not. And if so, should I use pink melee and whether to bezel it or not.

5C9A9D60-F88D-440B-9122-7FD3B621223D.jpeg 5103C9B2-F005-4131-A911-8A72A82A9C75.jpeg

Oh, I love yours! What a fantastic shape it has! It will make a beautiful pendant! Yours looks very white - what colour is it?
I think hearts look great with halos, my vote is for a pink halo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results