shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Emerald Cut?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I like it in terms of colour, ratio and overall look.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
The overall ratio is nice. It's a nice color and clarity. I don't think the depth of the stone, nor the depth of the cuts are quite where I'd want to see them. It's possible that it's just the lighting environment, or reflection from the phone, but I see a decent bit of light leakage.

LaurieC

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone - your wealth of knowledge is so amazing and I appreciate the responses and have really enjoyed learning more about the nuances of selecting diamonds from everyone.

I ended up passing on this stone as it wasn't speaking to me and have landed on two options that I feel are hitting the mark for my personal preferences. With that said, one of them (with a longer length:width ratio) has corners that don't taper all the way to the cutlet. Is this a big red flag? I've never seen this cut style before.

1620865534005.png

I know videos are not perfect (and I unfortunately don't have ASET), but from this comparison video, do you lean towards one stone over the other? Id be curious to know why as I continue learning more about diamonds! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMwz7xWof4G_EhKe1Bp609sCBDCBo0VJ/view?usp=sharing

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone - your wealth of knowledge is so amazing and I appreciate the responses and have really enjoyed learning more about the nuances of selecting diamonds from everyone.

I ended up passing on this stone as it wasn't speaking to me and have landed on two options that I feel are hitting the mark for my personal preferences. With that said, one of them (with a longer length:width ratio) has corners that don't taper all the way to the cutlet. Is this a big red flag? I've never seen this cut style before.

1620865534005.png

Hopefully a Trade member can weigh in but maybe above a certain ratio, you might have to cut a stone like this? Perhaps it's a performance based decision or a cutter's preference. Interesting tho!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results