shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Emerald Cut

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes!! Definitely. It's lovely and the ASET confirms the performance!

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1457744609|4003704 said:
Yes!! Definitely. It's lovely and the ASET confirms the performance!

Thanks Gypsy! You been a huge help and greatly appreciate it more than you know :). Diamond is on hold until Monday afternoon and I've already spoken to them about sending in payment Monday. Just picking the setting!

Last question before I go ahead... https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/E136-FDLKME

Still go with the JA one correct? I assume this has too much middle light leakage? ^^^

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. Still JA.

So... settings. What is your budget and what style are you thinking?

Can I help? I love settings.

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1457841778|4004268 said:
Yup. Still JA.

So... settings. What is your budget and what style are you thinking?

Can I help? I love settings.

Of course you can help! Not much imagination though in the setting lol.

GF wants something very simple and solitaire. Something like a Tiffany band

Ideas? My only complaint with the JA is the knife edge seems a little too sharp and the prongs a little too thick

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I responded in your other thread. 8)

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Hi Again Gypsy!

I spoke to WF about the ring and they said it could be done and quoted me about 1500 including the customizations. The Truth actually was quoted a couple hundred cheaper.... do you have a preference on which you think is better?

Also got the diamond today and it is lovely.... however I'm wondering if I want something slightly larger...

If I upped my budget to like 10.5k on the stone do you think I could get something a little bigger? I think I've read you want to go for dimensions on emerald cuts vs CTs.... have any advice here (is it even worth spending the extra $$$)? Have you seen anything that may work for me if I went bigger?

I looked through a lot of stuff at JA but to be honest I have no idea what I'm looking at unless theres an ASET in front of me and I see colors lol. If you have any thoughts here it would be much appreciated!

Thanks again for all the help,
Ryan

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1457847794|4004310 said:
I responded in your other thread. 8)

Should I look at other vendors other than JA and enchanted? A tad bit lost at the moment

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
It will look larger when set, nice ones are not easy to find. JA is a good place to look, however not many know what to look for. Woof mama is a poster on here and she is good with EC's too.

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Fancygems|1458274738|4007142 said:
It will look larger when set, nice ones are not easy to find. JA is a good place to look, however not many know what to look for. Woof mama is a poster on here and she is good with EC's too.

No such thing as private messaging here is there?

Yah Gypsy has been amazing, as many of you have. Its just so hard to look when you don't know what to look for :/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamonds look larger when set. I think your stone is a great size, personally. But I don't know what your lady's priorities.

I would go with the Truth. Specify sharp claw prongs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1458282381|4007191 said:
Your stone's spread is: 7.45*5.15

These are the only stones worth asking about that will give you a visually larger stone in comparison.
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.51-carat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-917071 Our of budget.

And this one, but I doubt it is eyeclean; http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.57-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-822589

I think you stone faces up very nicely for its weight and is a lovely stone.

Hi Gypsy! The truth setting is now setup, they're just waiting on my stone now :)

Ok, last question. Before I posted last night I had requested two ASETS, would really appreciate if you could tell me if either diamond would be worth switching to...

1. 1.56 Ct. H-VVS2 Diamond. 7.99 x 5.72 x 3.57 mm. 62.3 depth, 63 table. Medium- ST girdle.

screen_shot_2016-03-18_at_4.png

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
And I'll be sure to post pics of the ring when I get it :)

Please let me know what you think ^^ :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That H is lovely. Performance and all that size. Almost 8x6. Do you have the link to it? A video, or a regular picture of it?

What are you priorities? And the priorities of the wearer??

Are there are cultural reasons for higher color, if so then I would play it safe for with the F.

If not, then the H is really tempting.

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1458336447|4007581 said:
That H is lovely. Performance and all that size. Almost 8x6. Do you have the link to it? A video, or a regular picture of it?

Are there are cultural reasons for higher color, if so then I would play it safe for with the F.

My priorities... just an overall nice diamond :)

Her priorities... a 23 year old woman who likes emerald cuts haha!

No need or reason for the F

Here are the pictures I have. One is just zoomed in a little more, no video unfortunately, but I could maybe get one if you think its important

screen_shot_2016-03-18_at_5.png

screen_shot_2016-03-18_at_1.png

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
PS- I assume an H is a relatively safe color and won't actually look yellow?

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1458336447|4007581 said:

Bought the Diamond Gypsy since I didn't want to lose it/can return.... now waiting for you to come back and hopefully telling me I made a good call LOL

Thanks again for your time and looking forward to hearing back!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's lovely. Can you get it in and compare it side bt side to the JA stone on person? Pick whichever you like best and return the other. That's what I'd do.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There will obviously be a colod contrast. So keeo your focus on personality and performace. Once set the. Stone will be alone and no contrast visible.

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Absolutely, I'll post pics to this thread side by side when it comes :)

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would be awesome!

beachlover122

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1458350552|4007675 said:
That would be awesome!

And just for self educational purposes if you don't mind... What made you lean more towards the 1.56 instead of the 1.53? Seems like the 1.53 is the better ASET no?

Trying my best to learn here as well :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No the H has the better ASET and the stone looks very nice from the video. It's not the best video but it' shows enough.

I definitely think it's a strong contender and the size is really nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results