shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this elongated cushion?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If eyeclean, and well performing, it's a very good compromise between a cushion and an emerald cut, great eye. The main inclusion that I see looks like it has a chance of being hidden in the facets.

What is the definition of eyeclean you are aspiring to?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Request an asst do we can see how it performs. I think its a decent look.ing stone if its a good performer

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the shape of it, and the cushion faceting is a nice one (or at least it appeals to my eye!) I'd be curious to see the ASET as well, hoping it is a good performer.

Nice find!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love this faceting for elongated stones! *dust* that it turns out to be as good a performer as we all hope!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Saw that stone and it caught my eye before. Hope it is a good performer and relatively eye clean...love these set E/W. Nice faceting.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- that is such a cool stone!

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I received the ASET from JA. Thoughts? They said "that the inclusions in this diamond blend nicely with the faceting and that the average eye should view this diamond as eye clean. Under close inspection, they found some slight windowing under the table but noted that overall, the diamond is bright and has nice light performance."

What is windowing? Should I be worried? It seems like a great deal if it is eyeclean.

1.22 F SI2
7.11 x 5.70 x 3.76 mm
Depth 66.0
Table 63

1485876aset.jpg

I can't decide. I have long fingers so I like elongated shapes as a whole. But for cushions, I seem to like the chunky squarish ones too. I have this other cushion coming in today from ERD! <Crossing fingers that the maltese cross pattern isn't dark 8)>

1.41 E VS1
6.99 x 6.86 x 4.19 mm
Depth 61.1
Table 55

49317a_2.jpg
49317a_1_0.jpg

Which would you choose?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish they would stop taking black background asets. I thought JA used to do white background??

Anyway, windowing is the same thing as leakage. very common in fancies and stretched out shapes.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Windowing means there may be an area where you can sort of see through the stone. I prefer
The square stone. It looks like it might have some leakage too (the dark windmills) but it may be
acceptable.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most small windows may close up when the diamond is set. Ask them if that is the case with this stone. I like it.
On the other hand, the ERD stone is 7 x 7 and that's a nice size.

How are you planning on setting your cushion?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results