shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond?

misssaph96

Rough_Rock
My to-be fiance and I picked out a lab diamond together from Ritani for my engagement ring. I discovered this site and the HCA much much later and after plugging in my diamond's stats, it came back as a 2.1...which now makes me nervous. I also realized much later that IGI's highest cut rating is "Ideal", not like GIA's which is "Excellent" so I thought nothing of it when my diamond's certificate said "Excellent".

Unfortunately it is way past the return date for this diamond so we're stuck with it... but can anyone reassure me that we at least picked a good diamond? It looks sparkly and beautiful in person, but I would love any insight!

This is our diamond's IGI report and listing: https://www.igi.org/reports/verify-your-report?r=LG497145408

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond looks like a good example of a 60/60 style diamond. It should be nice and bright. If you think it's sparkly and beautiful in person, that's all that matters! Trust your eyes.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond looks like a good example of a 60/60 style diamond. It should be nice and bright. If you think it's sparkly and beautiful in person, that's all that matters! Trust your eyes.

I agree with Kim N 100% - this looks like a fabulous example of a smidge wider and slightly shallower 60/60 style cut.
The CA and PA are within complementary ranges to one another. I'd guesstimate that the lowers are around 77%, stars are around 55%, and nothing that would be considered detractors is sticking out. I think you did great!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely in the video. Do you have a photo of it set?

misssaph96

Rough_Rock
I agree with Kim N 100% - this looks like a fabulous example of a smidge wider and slightly shallower 60/60 style cut.
The CA and PA are within complementary ranges to one another. I'd guesstimate that the lowers are around 77%, stars are around 55%, and nothing that would be considered detractors is sticking out. I think you did great!

Thank you for your insight! Definitely gives me peace of mind :)

misssaph96

Rough_Rock
Thank you! It does look very sparkly and I get mesmerized every time I sneak a peek at it. We are getting the ring designed now, so I can't wait to see it actually mounted!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your insight! Definitely gives me peace of mind :)

You're very welcome!
Hope you post lots of pictures and videos of it, once it's set!

misssaph96

Rough_Rock
It looks lovely in the video. Do you have a photo of it set?

It's not set yet, but will be soon! We went with a local jeweler to get the setting custom-made, so we're just waiting for it to be done :) But I do have pictures of it on a mock-setting, as well as my wax model!

IMG_3212.jpg IMG_3622.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results