shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond?

Diamondnoob28

Rough_Rock
I've been reading a bit about different diamond proportions and this seems to fit the ideal cut for an engagement ring. Most of the proportions come in ranges but I'm not sure if the specific combination of angles in this diamond are good. Any insight or thoughts before I pull the trigger would be greatly appreciated!

Link to GIA certificate here:

Thanks!!!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The crown angle is a bit steep for a 40.8 pavilion so I’m not sure that it would be considered an ideal cut by a grader like AGS. Of course, the certs are only half the story so pictures, and in a perfect world an ideal scope or ASET images, would be very helpful in assessing this diamond.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It falls into GIA Excellent rating and barely makes the cut for the old AGS Ideal criteria:

Screenshot_20210806-121828.png

As @anangel said, get pictures and videos to verify that there aren't any adverse effects from the steeper 35.5° crown angle paired with the 40.8° pavilion angle.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been reading a bit about different diamond proportions and this seems to fit the ideal cut for an engagement ring. Most of the proportions come in ranges but I'm not sure if the specific combination of angles in this diamond are good. Any insight or thoughts before I pull the trigger would be greatly appreciated!

Link to GIA certificate here:

Thanks!!!

That report is not opening for me.
You know if you use the search at the top of the page all the round diamonds from JA are rated and ranked by HCA scores.
We will have more vendors soon.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That report is not opening for me.
You know if you use the search at the top of the page all the round diamonds from JA are rated and ranked by HCA scores.
We will have more vendors soon.

Here's the PDF version, Garry.

Attachments

• 6395379436.pdf
    443.6 KB · Views: 4

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I ran it through the HCA. Scores 2.7- I feel like you could do better but I don’t know what the cost of this diamond is vs your budget.
7D310A04-6671-4CE2-B3B0-A5CB769F3E2F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results