shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond

fmzip

Rough_Rock
Without disclosing specifics on this diamond, I am curious to what the forum thinks of it visually.

Anyone care to take a guess on the size, cut clarity, color? More importantly, given the opportunity, would you propose with it?? :)

DSCN3317.jpg DSCN3316.jpg DSCN3314.jpg DSCN3313.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We really can't tell much of anything from pics on a computer screen. You best bet is to go see an independent appraiser and get their opinion on your ring.

fmzip

Rough_Rock
This diamond hasn't been purchased yet......

Any input on these?

LTSC_0.jpg Hearts_3.jpg ASET_9.jpg Arrows_1.jpg

Pictures of the diamond help me more than looking at this :)

Pic1_2.jpg

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a nice performing stone from the additional images provided. Doesn't get much better than that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
crbl999|1310010110|2963414 said:
Looks like a nice performing stone from the additional images provided. Doesn't get much better than that.

Which diamond are you referring to? You really can't tell anything from the first set of pics posted. I don't think that the original stone in the hand pics, with no additional information provided, is a good bet. If the ebay GIA certificate is for that ring, then run the numbers from the GIA certificate through the HCA here https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca Anything under 2.0 is good. It's a pass/fail tool. Um... why does the GIA certificate not list color and clarity?

We can't tell anything about the inclusions from the plot. Feathers are cracks. So you would need to know what the clarity grade is and if it is SI or I to have a jeweler look at it and tell you if it breaks the surface of the stone for safety evaluation.

The GOG stone is beautiful. Truly lovely. Great upgrade policy there too.

Have you looked at Infinity stones? www.highperformancediamonds.com has some lovely stones as well.

fmzip

Rough_Rock
I cut out the specifics on the GIA , why? To not draw attention to this particular diamond as I can't reserve it at this hour :)

The pics of the hand are of this GOG diamond, the GIA cert is for this same diamond and the other images are for this diamond as well.

I also ran the numbers, it came in at 1.5 on the HCA if I inputed them correctly

And it is SI2, eye clean.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
fmzip|1310010822|2963422 said:
Thanks for the input.

Should I be overly concerned about the inclusions? Do they pose any major issues with the integrity of the diamond?

http://home.comcast.net/~fmzip/Ebay/gia.jpg

gia_2.jpg

I wouldn't go near this stone. There is some reason that the color and clarity grade are missing from the cert. There isn't even a cert # available for you to run the report yourself. There is some reason they are not giving you this information! The stone in the pictures may not even be the stone represented in the cert. Run from this deal, or you will be the next unlucky guy posting about reading all the forums and educating yourself for months about diamond dos and don'ts and then bought a bad diamond. We've had enough of those guys lately, so don't add yourself to the list! ;-)

fmzip

Rough_Rock
^^Read my post above yours...

thanks for being observant :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
The GOG stone looks amazing and I would definitely propose with THAT stone! :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So ALL of that is from the same diamond? Good deal then. Looks great.

If it's a GOG stone, then I would just ask them about the inclusion and make sure it's safe. They will be honest with you. They are a VERY transparent operation.

The stone looks bright and sharp. I like it. You can't reserve it now? Are you sure? Okay well, just call them first thing.

How are you going to set it?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
:???: Wait a minute I'm confused.....why does the GIA cert come up with an ebay link? How did you get hand shots of the GOG stone? And if this is a GOG purchase then you CAN reserve the stone at this hour.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
fmzip|1310011691|2963437 said:
^^Read my post above yours...

thanks for being observant :)

ummmm while you were posting I was trying to do some research for you and continue to edit my post.... do you want opinion and help or not? why are you being so secretive?

ETA my bad I thought you were being a smart @ss. my apologies! :oops:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Just one more thing....in the hand shots, does it look like 2 prongs are missing from every picture?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1310013465|2963467 said:
Just one more thing....in the hand shots, does it look like 2 prongs are missing from every picture?

I think it's sitting on top of the prongs, not actually set yet? :sun:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1310014435|2963474 said:
Christina...|1310013465|2963467 said:

I think it's sitting on top of the prongs, not actually set yet? :sun:

ah..gotcha! ;))

rainytiina

Rough_Rock
Looks like a nice performing stone

fmzip

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the input......I didn't realize you could reserve a diamond without calling them.

As far as the "ebay link", that's just the folder name for my ebay auctions photos on my picture server.

And yes, the hand shots are with the diamond sitting on a setting for illustrative purposes.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a lovely stone to me. Cant tell anything about color/clarity from pics.

fmzip

Rough_Rock
Drove to GOG today.....

Very nice service! Sarah was a pleasure to deal with.

My GF loved the diamond. We learned alot today as well.Her feelings were:

1) Color differences between D-I didn't seem to phase her.
2) Inclusions, as long as she couldn't see them with her own eyes, that was acceptable.
3) A Solasfera has more dazzle than a H&A but not so much as its worth the premium
4) A H&A compared to a GIA good cut diamond, yes the H&A dazzled more but not so much more

Conclusion, she'd be very happy with diamond in the opening post. Thing is, the Tiffany setting from GOG is more than the same/similar setting from BGD

http://www.goodoldgold.com/images/classicjewelry/VAT-U113front.jpg $1500
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5336 $1250

Which makes this diamond from BGD with the setting comparable with the GOG in the opening post

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104047809021

Any thoughts on this diamond?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The BGD diamond looks nice.

You could also order the diamond from GOG and setting from BGD, if you really like the GOG diamond though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results