shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laz

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
This is my first post on the forum and I am after some opinions on a particular stone from some of the more knowledgable members here. The one thing concerning me is the medium fluorescence, should I be worried?
Here are the details from the GIA certificate;

1.35ct
F, SI1
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Cut: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
HCA: 1.3 Ex,Ex,Ex,Vg
Price: $8900US

Would this be a good stone? Any thoughts welcome!
Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s not somethng to worry about.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my sister had a G med. fluoro and it sure was cloudy, even for her (who doesn''t know much about diamonds) thought something didn''t look right when she compared hers to my J ACA . it was beatiful in terms of color gave it this blue sparkly but when outside it sure was cloudy. i''m sure you can find a nicer stone without the fluoro if you are willing to drop in color?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: needless to say she returned it and got one with no fluoro same color grade and now loves it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all stones with fluorescence will have this cloudy/oily appearance. It tends to happen only to stones with strong and very strong fluor but even then it is rare. Ask the vendor if this stone exhibits this appearance outdoors.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 8:32:31 PM
Author: Chrono
Not all stones with fluorescence will have this cloudy/oily appearance. It tends to happen only to stones with strong and very strong fluor but even then it is rare. Ask the vendor if this stone exhibits this appearance outdoors.
idk, I''m weary now after seeing my sister, if i bought online siteunseen she said it was med. flouro, but I didnt check her cert to verify.. I know I''ve seen some really nice stones with fluoro in lower color and made the stones look whiter, but of course I didn''t get to see it outside.. but I''m a novice and I just stick to what I know that I wont be dissappointed with,, I sure would love to see some flouro diamonds here inside and out... who knows my sister may have been misinformed as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope my post didn''t come across as abrupt and accusatory. I am merely sharing information from experience and what I''ve learned online and from PS vendors.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 8:41:37 PM
Author: Chrono
I hope my post didn''t come across as abrupt and accusatory. I am merely sharing information from experience and what I''ve learned online and from PS vendors.
not at all Chrono...
1.gif
completely understand,,, I wish I was able to see more diamonds in real life outside of the store to see if I would like fluoro or not.. and I know the price drops significantly with fluoro.. would love to save there as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I believe there''s no "price break" in stones with I/J/K and lower coloured diamonds with fluorescence. There is maybe a 10% discount sometimes on the colourless range.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
but Chrono is right, as the vendor if the stone shows the oily/cloudiness when outside?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With fluorescence, it is only rarely strong or very strong blue that can look cloudy in some lights, there is nothing at all to worry about with medium.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have an E with medium blue fluro and you really can very rarely tell it is there. On the odd occasion it goes this magnificent pale lavender outdoors which is beautiful.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
No reason to be worried about the MB fluorescence. Sounds like a lovely choice.
1.gif

Laz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies. I am waiting for an answer from the vendor as to whether it displays any cloudiness.
Any thoughts on the general light performance that these numbers indicate, would it be a good stone buy?!?
Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 2:18:56 AM
Author: Laz
Thanks for your replies. I am waiting for an answer from the vendor as to whether it displays any cloudiness.
Any thoughts on the general light performance that these numbers indicate, would it be a good stone buy?!?
Thanks again!
Laz, as I said above medium blue fluorescence will not show any cloudiness in a diamond, you have nothing to worry about there.

The numbers are good on this diamond.

Laz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies everyone.
Ok, I have received a bit more info on this stone, apparently there is no cloudiness due to the fluorescence, and it is eye clean according to the vendor.
I now have a copy of the certificate which shows a crystal under the table near the centre which concerns me.
The vendor has told me that the crystal is white and is nothing to be concerned about, can you generally see white crystals in a SI1 diamond?
Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 9:43:59 PM
Author: Laz
Thanks for your replies everyone.
Ok, I have received a bit more info on this stone, apparently there is no cloudiness due to the fluorescence, and it is eye clean according to the vendor.
I now have a copy of the certificate which shows a crystal under the table near the centre which concerns me.
The vendor has told me that the crystal is white and is nothing to be concerned about, can you generally see white crystals in a SI1 diamond?
Thanks again!
Good, like we said -there wouldn''t be a problem with the fluorescence.

No, it doesn''t automatically follow that you will see a crystal in SI clarity, these inclusions can be harder to detect than some others from what I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results