shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not often will you find better than that, a superb choice you can''t go wrong with - well done!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 9:19:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Not often will you find better than that, a superb choice you can''t go wrong with - well done!!!!
Ditto!

richie5120

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much! We put this one on hold. Anyone else have comments before we go ahead and purchase? It is an H and she maybe concerned about the color. I've found one that is a 1.51 SI1 G AGS for $4,000.00 more. Not sure if we should go that route or stick with this one.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
We bought an H and LOVE it . . . I wouldn''t spend $4000 more for a drop in clarity for an increase in color. I am sure you will love the H . . .

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The G SI1 is bigger but I don''t know if it''s $4000 worth bigger, ya know? That''s a tough one...is there anything more in between? Like an H SI1 1.5 carat? Just curious as to what the price difference would be...

The 1.27 you have on hold looks gorgeous, by the way. But as a size girl you know I''m going to try to squeeze more size in there somewhere!
28.gif

richie5120

Rough_Rock
thanks for the comforting remarks on diamond! I''m new to this and learned a lot over the last few months from this forum. I''m still a bit nervous spending 8k on a diamond.

I did search for H SI1. Cost is around 10k. The spreads were from -1 to -3. The ones I''ve been looking at did not look eye clean.

Seems like everytime I look at the diamond I think of a new question. Now I don''t see an inscription on the girdle, it''s GIA. Is it common not to have on a H&A?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richie, I understand being nervous (I was too), but trust me, this is a great stone! I got mine from GOG too. I think you will be very pleased.
2.gif

And even though it''s an H, in such well cut stones, it''s much harder to see color. I think it will be fine.

As for the girdle inscription, it does seem there isn''t one, but that''s not totally unusual. Ask to be sure, and if not, I think GOG can do that (for like a couple hundred I think), at least I think they used to.

richie5120

Rough_Rock
Ok I went ahead and purchased this diamond! Tim took a picture in the day light for us and gf was very very pleased! Thanks for all the feedback! They will inscribe the GIA number for free, only on Monday''s. So we should have this shipped to us on Tuesday arrive next morning Wednesday. I''ll try to take some pics and post them here :)

Thanks again Everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

And free inscription, good deal!

Can''t wait to see your pics, and congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, and nice choice!!!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great stone, and bonus that they are inscribing the girdle for free!!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Richie, you''ve definitely picked a winner and that''s confirmed by all the positive responses you''ve received. Don''t forget to come back with more pics when you receive it.

dfb

Rough_Rock
I think you came across a great stone - I would love to see if when you get it set - we were looking at that EXACT stone - and in fact I have asked Tim to search for me its big brother or sister - as we are looking to upgrade my wife''s current 10 year old ering and want something in the 1.7 range - but I think hitting on a H VS2 cut that well (it has a HCA of 1.2) is one of those color/clarity mixes where you get as good a value for your dollar as you can - still with piece of mind on the overall clarity when purchasing sight unseen - congrats on the purchase - I bet it will be stunning when it is set -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results