shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond - over 5 ct round

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I have been looking for a 5 ct round, and I found one I liked, but I don't think the angles work. It scored 1.4 on the HCA. For my previous two rounds, I didn't research into all these complementary angles, so I got what I got. However, I'm not reallty unhappy with them. Thought I might try to actually find a "good" one this time.

From my limited understanding, I feel like these angles may not work.

CA 34.1
PA 40.2
Table 59
Depth 60

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a 60/60 style diamond, so it will favor white light return over colored light. Is that what you're looking for? The pavilion angle is far too shallow for a ring diamond. I would pass on this one.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
It is a 60/60 style diamond, so it will favor white light return over colored light. Is that what you're looking for? The pavilion angle is far too shallow for a ring diamond. I would pass on this one.

I already have one that's 60/60, and I do love it, but it goes DARK in direct sunlight. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for other than a pretty diamond. I'm not really hard to please, but I don't want to buy total crap either.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already have one that's 60/60, and I do love it, but it goes DARK in direct sunlight. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for other than a pretty diamond. I'm not really hard to please, but I don't want to buy total crap either.

Well cut diamonds will go dark in direct sunlight, so I think that would be hard to avoid.

Can you provide your budget so we can help you search?

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to stay under 10k for the stone. I have an itch for a new ring, but it doesn't have to be round (a 5 ct round is high on my wish list), so I'm also looking at some ovals and pears and will go with the best thing I can get under budget.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to stay under 10k for the stone. I have an itch for a new ring, but it doesn't have to be round (a 5 ct round is high on my wish list), so I'm also looking at some ovals and pears and will go with the best thing I can get under budget.

How about this?

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I ordered this one today. I don't love the color in the video, but I'm hoping it'll face up white, and for the price, I thought I'd give it a shot! (fingers crossed it's actually available and doesn't get cancelled)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results