shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this cushion??

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I am concerned about the girdle being extra thin. That would be the dealbreaker for me.

That said, how do you plan to set this?
IF you plan to bezel then perhaps it does look like something to consider because it does check many boxes! provided that you can see additional photos and videos since cushions are too individualized to go by GIA report and one photo alone

Last edited:

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
That image is not the real image of the diamond and that faceting pattern on the GIA is more indicative of a crushed ice diamond. Something to consider, if that is the look you are going for. But you should definitely request an image.

mm2018

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your response. I had planned to set it in a solitaire so with the girdle thin sounds like its not a good idea. From a chart I read it said an excellent cushion girdle should be very thin to slightly thick. Is that not correct?

How do you know the faceting pattern from the GIA? Im looking for an elongated cushion and I though most had the crushed ice look. Is that not the case.

It looks like I have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Kya

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
There are several common facet patterns in modern cushions and they look pretty different:

definitely take time to look at a lot of them to see what you prefer! I also think it’s important to have actual picture/video of the stone you’re purchasing and make sure there’s a good return policy :)

mm2018

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I'll certainly take a look! Appreciate your help

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results