shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this chunky cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss_Cupcake

Rough_Rock

I just put this stone on hold from GOG. Please let me know what you think. I originally wanted a square H&A, but this one looked so spectacular in the video. What do you cushion-lovers think? I have to admit, I haven’t actually ever seen a cushion in person (with the exception of the Tiffany Novo), but I am quite sure that I want one. I live in Canada, and apparently all we have are RB and princesses here. Well, that may be an exaggeration, but I have yet to find a jeweler that carries cushions in stock. I love the videos from GOG b/c it makes me feel like I can really see how the diamond looks.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5689

http://www.vimeo.com/3769673

Your thoughts/opinions are welcome!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ASET looks nice. I would just make sure that the dark spot going across it is the photo of that stone and not something that is apparent all the time...but that is just me, some people don''t mind it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 5:14:20 PM
Author: neatfreak
The ASET looks nice. I would just make sure that the dark spot going across it is the photo of that stone and not something that is apparent all the time...but that is just me, some people don''t mind it.
Ditto

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks amazing! I couldn''t take my eyes off of it in the video!
36.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Definitely my favorite one in the video. Those broad flashes of fires are TDF!!!!

Did you put it on hold to evaluate it? Have you purchased it? Would love to hear when you see it in person what you think!!!

It''s a beauty for sure!

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
I think that is breathtaking!

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful! I love how chunky it is! I agree with everyone else in terms of the black part, but other than that, it looks great!
1.gif
Good luck - they''re worth the headache to find them and the wait!!!

Miss_Cupcake

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments. I will ask Sarah about the darkness tomorrow. I am hoping it was just the picture...it didn''t seemt to have much darkness in the video. If all goes well hopefully I will purchase it this weekend!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Ask Sarah about the darkness she will tell you if it is an issue, but I have to say in the video that cushion was STUNNING.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loved the video ... he''s right ... for a looooonnnnngg time these were so rare to find & are still pretty rare. Glad someone somewhere is cutting more though. Stunning stone -- my fave of the three and one of the grooviest cushions I''ve seen!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
at some levels of obstruction it will go dark as in the picture that is a side effect of the large mains.
The issue is will it do it at normal viewing distances and the IS ASET and video say no.
Double check with Sarah but im pretty sure its not an issue.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What struck me was that it showed some color even in diffused lighting, you don''t see that very often! Love it.
30.gif

And I agree with strm, I don''t think the mains will be a problem. But do ask.

How are you going to set it??

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous. It''s very similar to what I plan to start looking for soon
1.gif
I picked out yours as my favorite in the video before I knew which one you had on hold. I think it looked even bigger than the 1.17 in the set.

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I recently received the .76 custom cut chunky cushion from GOG and it is amazing. They are beautiful stones - and have so much life and character. I am sure you wont be disappointed - i get so many comments about mine and i have only had it a week.

How are you going to have it set?

Do let us see pictures if you decide to go for it.

xx

Miss_Cupcake

Rough_Rock
I emailed Sarah today and she confirmed what strmrdr said. The dark spot in the picture is nothing to worry about. Yay! I am not sure if I am going to have it set right away. We weren''t planning on getting engaged this soon, but I saw this cushion and I really think it is the one. I didn''t want to take the chance of it not being available (or equivalent) when we are ready to get engaged... Great looking cushions (in my price range) seem to be quite elusive! But when I do have it set, I am thinking about a thin micro pave band. Hopefully the skinny band will make the stone really ''pop'', and the pave will give it a bit more sparkle, and what girl doesn''t want that, lol!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 11:15:49 PM
Author: Miss_Cupcake
I emailed Sarah today and she confirmed what strmrdr said. The dark spot in the picture is nothing to worry about. Yay! I am not sure if I am going to have it set right away. We weren''t planning on getting engaged this soon, but I saw this cushion and I really think it is the one. I didn''t want to take the chance of it not being available (or equivalent) when we are ready to get engaged... Great looking cushions (in my price range) seem to be quite elusive! But when I do have it set, I am thinking about a thin micro pave band. Hopefully the skinny band will make the stone really ''pop'', and the pave will give it a bit more sparkle, and what girl doesn''t want that, lol!
Sounds perfectly gorgeous!
30.gif
I guess we will just have to sit and wait to see it!
2.gif

Congrats on getting the stone!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wrong thread. But the cushion you are looking at is quite nice. Love the chunky facets!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
wrong thread, sorry!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Afaik when an ASET image is displayed on a jeweler''s website, they often pick the image showing the greatest amount of ''red'' which represents ''bright areas'' and minimise the ''blue''. I might be worried if there are a lot of blue in the ASET but clearly this is not the case. The video shows how bright this cushion looks IRL. ASET is really a useful tool to assess a fancy shapes'' optics which can never be adequately assessed via numbers alone.

This is easily one of the most gorgeous stones you''ll ever find. And I second that setting option...the thin micropave band will make this one pop. It will make a fabulous
30.gif
E-Ring.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I do have to say that this is one of my favorites, Ever.
36.gif

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
That is a great cushion. As one poster said, the chunky cuts aren''t super common, so it is nice to see such a beautiful one!

Aida1010

Shiny_Rock
i''m so jealous, i would LOVE to have this diamond!! it''s beautiful!! go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results