shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this blue spinel....Help!

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
This would be the first time I have bought a gemstone online. I know there is so much experience in here, please let me know your thoughts! EA1100E6-BC32-4503-9EF8-C866DCEFAE5D.jpeg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty, are there any more photos or a video? Do they have a good return policy?

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
Looks pretty, are there any more photos or a video? Do they have a good return policy?

They did send a video and I need to ask about the return policy!! Thank you! Let me see how to add the video, it was messaged to me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@gwcynthia -

I want to ask them about a different gem on their page, but everything is in another language. Any thought how to proceed with this?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Based the one picture you provided, it looks like it would be on the darker side. I would want to see more pictures in natural lighting before drawing any conclusions, but I would expect it to look the color you see around the outer edges when it‘s not being flooded with light.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Blue spinel can sometimes run a little dark. Is that okay with you?

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
@gwcynthia -

I want to ask them about a different gem on their page, but everything is in another language. Any thought how to proceed with this?

I dm’s them through Instagram and it was all in English.

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
Blue spinel can sometimes run a little dark. Is that okay with you?

That is an excellent question! I don’t know. This is what it says on the post. They are asking $350 including shipping. 3A53C0EA-B595-443C-B267-E02C091F3965.png

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
Based the one picture you provided, it looks like it would be on the darker side. I would want to see more pictures in natural lighting before drawing any conclusions, but I would expect it to look the color you see around the outer edges when it‘s not being flooded with light.

Thank you!! This is what the post is saying, they are asking $350 including shipping. 5FE97578-476E-4B65-986C-5ED85A0A040B.png

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
It does not look to be dark. Probably medium to medium light tone. What you are seeing is shadowing do to the angle of the stone. You need to see it full straight on and in a video. If it is located in the tropics, all sunlight will do is make it look lighter in tone, that is indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight could overwhelm the stone and make it close up and look dark. Happens with many stones. So, please don't base your assumptions on that. Ask for indoor pictures.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
The word “greyish” in the description would sound warning bells for me. But that’s just personal preference.

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
I' very biased because I love blue stones in general, but if the color is as vibrant as it looks on that picture, then it's an amazing blue! Can't wait to see the video.

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
It does not look to be dark. Probably medium to medium light tone. What you are seeing is shadowing do to the angle of the stone. You need to see it full straight on and in a video. If it is located in the tropics, all sunlight will do is make it look lighter in tone, that is indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight could overwhelm the stone and make it close up and look dark. Happens with many stones. So, please don't base your assumptions on that. Ask for indoor pictures.

Thank you!!

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
The word “greyish” in the description would sound warning bells for me. But that’s just personal preference.

I wondered about that!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I believe there are a few threads here and there on this vendor. He only takes returns if you have the stone tested and it shows up as treated. I asked and he said "if the stone isn't as said" so I specified, if I didn't like the color etc and he clarified that no only for treatments.

If you are willing to take the risk go for it but I wouldn't assume you can return it.

There are are some comparisons in the vendor vs your photo thread. Some PSers have gotten beautiful stones but others not so much.

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
I' very biased because I love blue stones in general, but if the color is as vibrant as it looks on that picture, then it's an amazing blue! Can't wait to see the video.
[/QUOTE
I believe there are a few threads here and there on this vendor. He only takes returns if you have the stone tested and it shows up as treated. I asked and he said "if the stone isn't as said" so I specified, if I didn't like the color etc and he clarified that no only for treatments.

If you are willing to take the risk go for it but I wouldn't assume you can return it.

There are are some comparisons in the vendor vs your photo thread. Some PSers have gotten beautiful stones but others not so much.

Thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results