shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on this ASSET image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
What do you think?

THanks,
mariposa

AST_AGS-10277008.jpg

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Also, would you rely more on an idealscope image for a RB or the ASSET?

Thank you for any input you can provide. ASSET still confuses me as it relates to the idealscope image.

Thanks again,
Mariposa

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 8:11:13 AM
Author: Mariposa

Thank you for any input you can provide. ASSET still confuses me as it relates to the idealscope image.

Thanks again,
Mariposa
This is an excellent ASET image. Idealscope basically shows leakage in a diamond, ASET breaks down the light coming from the diamond into colours, red, green and some blue and can also show leakage. This helps us to judge the quality of the light return. Personally I can use ASET alone to judge a round diamond as leakage will still show in these images, and the ASET image will also help to judge the quality of the light return as said above.

With fancy shapes ASET is the tool of choice rather than Idealscope. This is a great tutorial on both Idealscope and ASET, their uses and how to interpret the images.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Lorelei! That makes me feel better. BTW - you have a beautiful name!

Thanks,
mariposa

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a well cut diamond.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto, ASET looks good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 8:18:11 AM
Thank you Lorelei! That makes me feel better. BTW - you have a beautiful name!

Thanks,
mariposa
Glad to help and thank you!

fabienne

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 8:14:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks again,
Mariposa
This is an excellent ASET image. Idealscope basically shows leakage in a diamond, ASET breaks down the light coming from the diamond into colours, red, green and some blue and can also show leakage. This helps us to judge the quality of the light return. Personally I can use ASET alone to judge a round diamond as leakage will still show in these images, and the ASET image will also help to judge the quality of the light return as said above.

With fancy shapes ASET is the tool of choice rather than Idealscope. This is a great tutorial on both Idealscope and ASET, their uses and how to interpret the images.

Not meaning to threadjack but thank you so much Lorelei for this link! It was exactly what I needed to understand ASET images better. I had a basic uncerstanding of them but wasn''t comfortable because people referred to what angle the stone shoudl be tilted at. Thank you--thank you-thank you!

Mariposa...I did understand enough to know that I liked your stone!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 12:20:16 PM
Author: fabienne

Date: 4/11/2009 8:14:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thanks again,
Mariposa

Not meaning to threadjack but thank you so much Lorelei for this link! It was exactly what I needed to understand ASET images better. I had a basic uncerstanding of them but wasn't comfortable because people referred to what angle the stone shoudl be tilted at. Thank you--thank you-thank you!

Mariposa...I did understand enough to know that I liked your stone!
2.gif
I am so glad the link helped fabienne!
35.gif
Its a great tutorial isn't it, written by a friend who is also an expert I admire and respect very much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results