shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
I just got my asscher ER this year and am already thinking about upgrade.
27.gif

What do you all think about this asscher? I am not sure if it is dirt on the upper left corner or something but it looks pretty bad. I really really like the look of this "cut-cornered square step cut" though!

Carat weight: 2.01
Cut: Premium
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 71.8%
Table: 61.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Very thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.74*6.62*4.75
Ratio: 1.02

JA2.01GVS2.JPG

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
And this?

Carat weight: 2.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 69.7%
Table: 64.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.04*6.87*4.79
Ratio: 1.02

JA2.01GVS2Ideal.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like dust...
Get the CH and an IS image and ask about it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first one is facing up small but if the CH is high enough it might make up for it to make the trade off worthwhile if the price is good.

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Karl! You are always so helpful. I''ll try to get the IS and CH info. :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Lunemo!!! I ADORE your w-set!!! What will happen if you upgrade? How easy will it be to put a larger stone into your Leon setting? Will it be a complicated process? Dont blame you for wanting to do it, but I love your set as is!!!!! Let us know what happens!!!!
1.gif

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 4:31:48 AM
Author: Dani
Lunemo!!! I ADORE your w-set!!! What will happen if you upgrade? How easy will it be to put a larger stone into your Leon setting? Will it be a complicated process? Dont blame you for wanting to do it, but I love your set as is!!!!! Let us know what happens!!!!
1.gif

Hi Dani! Thank you!! I actually really love my wedding set as well but the off-centered table really is really bothering me. I made a mistake by not looking at the diamond before having it sent to Leon directly... JA has an upgrade policy but I don''t think Leon does. If I get a different diamond, I will have Leon make it exactly the same way as my current ER (in the same shank width to match my WB). I probably won''t upgrade so soon (DH will kill me) but it doesn''t hurt starting my research now hehe...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 9:59:55 AM
Author: lunemo
Date: 3/28/2009 4:31:48 AM

1.gif

Hi Dani! Thank you!! I actually really love my wedding set as well but the off-centered table really is really bothering me. I made a mistake by not looking at the diamond before having it sent to Leon directly... JA has an upgrade policy but I don't think Leon does. If I get a different diamond, I will have Leon make it exactly the same way as my current ER (in the same shank width to match my WB). I probably won't upgrade so soon (DH will kill me) but it doesn't hurt starting my research now hehe...

Hi Lunemo-

I went back and looked at your ring, and I *think* Leon would be able to remove the current head on your ring and make a new one to accomodate the bigger stone without having to redo the whole thing. I really hope so.
I totally understand about the whole "off-center" thing. That would bother me too. And who wouldnt love having a little more size???v
11.gif

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:03:04 AM

Hi Lunemo-

I went back and looked at your ring, and I *think* Leon would be able to remove the current head on your ring and make a new one to accomodate the bigger stone without having to redo the whole thing. I really hope so.

I totally understand about the whole ''off-center'' thing. That would bother me too. And who wouldnt love having a little more size???v
11.gif

Yeah hehe those extra steps and extra size would make me very happy. DH actually thinks that my current one is too small so hopefully the upgrade will happen in the near future.

That would be great if Leon is willing to do that. When I upgrade, I will definitely post updates here. I really don''t know what he would say!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:15:59 AM
Date: 3/28/2009 10:03:04 AM

Hi Lunemo-

I totally understand about the whole ''off-center'' thing. That would bother me too. And who wouldnt love having a little more size???v
11.gif

Yeah hehe those extra steps and extra size would make me very happy. DH actually thinks that my current one is too small so hopefully the upgrade will happen in the near future.

That would be great if Leon is willing to do that. When I upgrade, I will definitely post updates here. I really don''t know what he would say!

Well, you know you have to do what makes you happy....If you guys can do it $$$-wise, then do it!!! You only live once!!!!
1.gif

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
I got more information on the first stone! What do you think, storm?

I can''t seem to be able to post the IS image. However, the Sarin report shows that the crown height is 16.4% (15.9-16.8). I''ll keep trying to upload the IS image...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOh, I''m diggin the look of the first stone. I love the thickness of the windmills, but I''m curious to see what storm has to say as well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 9:28:45 PM
I got more information on the first stone! What do you think, storm?

I can't seem to be able to post the IS image. However, the Sarin report shows that the crown height is 16.4% (15.9-16.8). I'll keep trying to upload the IS image...
would have to have a discount before I would consider it.
It is hiding a lot of weight in the pavilion and girdle which does nothing for the stone.

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the IS image. Finally!

Hi storm, how much do you think this stone *should* cost?

asscher1117.JPG

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the sarin report.

asschersarin2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a asscher expert but it looks lovely to me.

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your input Karl! I would''ve never known. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results