shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this ASET and Idealscope?

Krecke1

Rough_Rock
Hi- I plan on moving on this diamond today, but would like some input/reassurance from the Pros here on Pricescope since I only have a few months of intense research under my belt. I've attached a photo, ASET and Idealscope. I guess compared to some of the other "super ideal" stones I've seen, I often see the idealscope showing a lighter pink around the table whereas this stone is pretty uniform througout, so I'm not sure how to interpret that. Any input and comments are appreciated.

Diamond Details:
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2 (due to internal graining)
Fluor: Faint
GIA Triple Ex
Table: 54%
Crown: 34.5 deg
Pavilion: 40.6 deg
Depth: 62.1 %
4% Girdle (med-slightly thick)
Crown height: 15.5%
Pavilion depth: 42.5%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half length: 75%

163.jpg
1631.jpg
_35997.jpg

Krecke1

Rough_Rock
Also, another question is around the very small "hotspots" (contrast spots between the heads of the arrows). As the lower half length gets smaller, those shrink. Ideally, I would like to see a Lower half length of 80% instead of 75% to make those contrast spots larger and hopefully more scintillation, but from the pros around here, is this something that would significantly affect the beauty of a diamond? If this thing is bright, white, and extremely sparkly, I will be happy. Just not sure how much these small scientific details affect the overall day-to-day performance of the diamond.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
You won't see those "hotspots" unless it's a huge diamond so I wouldn't worry about it. Set-up and post processing can alter the look of IS or ASET images so it can be difficult to attribute differences. However with the info provided it looks like that diamond is a nice performer.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's perfectly lovely. But unless you want high color and clarity for cultural reasons you would be just as well off with a F/G VS2.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! I prefer 75 lgf's over 80.

Krecke1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback!!! I think this is the final one, I ordered it this afternoon. I had an H stone prior that is on its way back. I noticed too much body color under certain viewing conditions.

Regarding how good of specs I actually "need," I can just say that I am extremely anal and most VS2 stones have too many inclusions for my liking. Ideally, I would have found an F VS1 stone with ideal proportions to make the best use of my money but at the size I was looking at (7.5mm or larger/1.5ct+) there isn't a ton of inventory within the price range I wanted to keep it in. I paid $16,400 for the stone and feel that it is a good deal. I wish I were perfectly happy with an SI1 stone (the future recipient likely would be and would be perfectly happy with a smaller stone) but I wanted to get a stone I would be proud of as well. Part of it is that this is my second marriage and I personally wanted every quality to be every bit as good as the first stone. This one deserves it.

This community has taught me a ton in quite a short time!!! Thank you for all the knowledge.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you made an educated decision. That's our only goal! Enjoy it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results