shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 4ct F color Radiant?

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock
Bought this diamond for the Mrs. Who really wants a radiant. Problem is I don't know much about them. How does this diamond look?

Here are some videos:
20230809_121408.jpg

20230809_103200.jpg

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock
Isn't leakage in the table common for radiants? Is it still a nice gemstone or is the leakage too much? Should I return it?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Isn't leakage in the table common for radiants? Is it still a nice gemstone or is the leakage too much? Should I return it?

It is your choice - I prefer a radiant to be uniformly bright - either that or almost all crushed ice. And buying without ASET makes any assesment impossible unless you have side by side great comparisons in various types oflighting

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock
It is your choice - I prefer a radiant to be uniformly bright - either that or almost all crushed ice. And buying without ASET makes any assesment impossible unless you have side by side great comparisons in various types oflighting

Hello Gary, I've noticed the leakage is much more obvious in a video recording vs when I look at it, why is that? I took an aset myself: 20230808_173647.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty good job (but its a bit dirty on the table hahaha).
You can see the dead zones and to help I roughly outlined them in blue (the stone is slightly tilted in the ASET - but a great photo really)
There is no bowtie that can happen in radiants.
But those big leakage zones would put me off.
I pasted in a couple of images of ASET from cutwise.com - you can visit there to see differnt possabilities - but they are not a sales platform.
1691739217997.png 1691739275948.png
20230808_173647.jpg

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock
Hello Garry, thanks for your input. Cutwise is pretty cool tool, thanks for sharing. It seems that a lot of the elongated radiants have this problem. Even the ones with highest score still land at G-VG for brilliance and general performance and have aset with some table leakage. I'm still within my return period for this diamond, but honestly worried if I return it I might not find a better one and will just waste time, money and energy. Maybe best to stop while I'm ahead. Do you agree that it's not below average for elongated?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Just chiming in, I think those leakage areas are pretty significant and may well affect the performance of your diamond. I have a radiant and it sparkles like crazy in most types of lighting. I would keep looking, but that’s just me and I’m not an expert! Good luck!

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock
Just chiming in, I think those leakage areas are pretty significant and may well affect the performance of your diamond. I have a radiant and it sparkles like crazy in most types of lighting. I would keep looking, but that’s just me and I’m not an expert! Good luck!
Is yours elongated? Do you mind sharing a picture? It just seems some table leakage is expected with elongated radiants. Even the ASETs Gary shared have some leakage. I've noticed that visually the stone doesn't look as leaky as it does in those pictures/videos I shared. Added some more pictures.
1000004870.jpg
1000004868.jpg
1000004869.jpg

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Goodytimes, you’ve had at least two people tell you that the light leakage in your stone would put them off. I, too, would consider your stone a bit subpar.

But keep in mind that we’re picky. And although you state that @Garry H (Cut Nut)’s ASETs show leakage, too, to our eyes, yours has more. This is partly due to the fact that we have seen a lot more leakage than you have. We can also see the leakage in your stone on both the photos and the video, just fyi.

The tricky thing about leakage in radiants is that once the stone gets dirty (which diamonds love to do), those areas will just look like mush. Diamonds are grease magnets, and very few people actually clean their diamonds on a weekly basis.

Thing is, if you really like the stone, then keep it. What’s most important, in the end, is the personal relationship with the stone.

Best of luck!

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the previous comments. I am also not an expert, I’m still learning the more in depth world of diamonds but I do a lot of browsing on websites as well as this forum and I felt the stone was dull before I even read the comments.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Is yours elongated? Do you mind sharing a picture? It just seems some table leakage is expected with elongated radiants. Even the ASETs Gary shared have some leakage. I've noticed that visually the stone doesn't look as leaky as it does in those pictures/videos I shared. Added some more pictures.
1000004870.jpg
1000004868.jpg
1000004869.jpg

Sure. I'll take some photos today. I

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock
@Goodytimes, you’ve had at least two people tell you that the light leakage in your stone would put them off. I, too, would consider your stone a bit subpar.

But keep in mind that we’re picky. And although you state that @Garry H (Cut Nut)’s ASETs show leakage, too, to our eyes, yours has more. This is partly due to the fact that we have seen a lot more leakage than you have. We can also see the leakage in your stone on both the photos and the video, just fyi.

The tricky thing about leakage in radiants is that once the stone gets dirty (which diamonds love to do), those areas will just look like mush. Diamonds are grease magnets, and very few people actually clean their diamonds on a weekly basis.

Thing is, if you really like the stone, then keep it. What’s most important, in the end, is the personal relationship with the stone.

Best of luck!

I ordered two more diamonds, back on the hunt lol

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

I don't know how you guys all see leakage and whatnot. I'm usually just, "oooh look at the shiny pretty!" I'm curious to see how the next ones look, but I'll just be here for moral support for the OP, LOL!

Goodytimes

Rough_Rock

Best of luck!

Hello Everyone! Ordered some more stones, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results