shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 4.88 ct cushion?

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I purchased a cushion cut lab diamond from Ritani last night and set it up to be previewed in store. If unfamiliar with the process, it means that the ring will be sent to a store for me to view and then decide whether I want it or not, and Ritani only places a hold on my credit card versus charging me right now.

I'm nervous that it's going to look bad. This will be my 3rd lab diamond, and it's not meant to be my main ring, but I am wondering if it is worth the price (just under $11,000 for the stone alone). It seemed to be low priced in my opinion, but I'm no diamond expert. I really like the large and elongated size. My other 2 lab diamonds are E and G colors, so I'm expecting it to be a bit warmer than them.

Thoughts? Anything I should look for when I finally view it?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Know nothing about cushions but the spinning picture is pretty to me.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Keep us posted about the viewing!

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Apparently, the stone is no longer available. Oh well.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
oh no! does that mean you can no longer purchase it or view it? I loved the elongated shape.

Exactly what it means! I guess someone else bought it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Did they tell you directly that it sold after you'd already put it on a credit hold?
If they put it on hold and are shipping it to the store for you to view, it would show as being marked unavailable on their website.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Did they tell you directly that it sold after you'd already put it on a credit hold?
If they put it on hold and are shipping it to the store for you to view, it would show as being marked unavailable on their website.

They sent an email this morning saying that it was unavailable. They are now trying to get me to look at 3 other stones that are comparable. All 3 are smaller, but they're also H color vs I.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They sent an email this morning saying that it was unavailable. They are now trying to get me to look at 3 other stones that are comparable. All 3 are smaller, but they're also H color vs I.

I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hate the yoinking out from underneath feeling. I'm guessing because their inventory is virtual.
Do you think you'd be interested in any of the smaller stones?
Maybe there are some options here?

Last edited:

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hate the yoinking out from underneath feeling. I'm guessing because their inventory is virtual.
Do you think you'd be interested in any of the smaller stones?
Maybe there are some options here?

I'm leaning toward just waiting to find something else. It took days to decide to finally purchase it, and now it's gone, so I'm kinda over it right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results