shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 3.57 J ?

TorontoArtist

Rough_Rock
Just curious what you guys think about this diamond. If you were in the market for a large round for ER would you consider this?
It's a J and Si2. Only scores 2.0 on the HCA which is kind of surprising because the 360 image looks quite sparkly. Would this be too included for you? Too low HCA? Too yellow? I know everyone's preference is different, of course.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...j-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2878752

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's worth a look in person but I would request an ASET first. The numbers aren't quite what I would be looking for and the table inclusion worries me, but it is a lot of rock for the money.

How would you plan to set it?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with tophat that it's worth a look in person but I would definitely ask for an IS to check on the 36 crown angle....the inclusions are fairly light for an SI2 stone (a prong could probably be placed over the darker one at 6 o'clock). J is personally too warm for me in an MRB but the size and price are reallyyyy nice!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I actually considered this stone but I decided against it because of the feather near the girdle... people here have suggested to take a look and see but the feather really bothered me for durability issues. Only you can judge... they have the aset image on file if you ask for it. I have it also posted on one of my posts. Good luck.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi TorontoArtist
I can't speak about a diamond from another vendor- but in general:
HCA score of 2 is fantastic. Remember, the lower the better
about J color in general: It's like asking people how spicy they like their food. What I might consider bland might burn the heck out of your tongue.
There are folks that are bothered by the color in a G, much less a J.
On the other hand, there's also folks that prefer the soft white of a J to a D
It's a personal taste issue.
Same for SI2- now we'd need to take a person's eyesight into account.
A sharp-eyed person might be able to spot an imperfection that another person, less sharp eyes, might not see.
Hope this helps!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or there's the "see it" but aren't bothered by it camp too. For color or clarity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results