shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 2.01 carat radiant

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
It’s hard to judge fancy cuts. We’re great at commenting on rounds, but radiants not so much. I’m wondering if there’s a bit of light leakage going on. Fancy cuts can have a ground glass appearance, and they’re mushy ground glass and bright ground glass. I’m not great at distinguishing, so hopefully an expert will chime in.

As far as pricing, have you compared with Loose Grown Diamond? Or Brian Gavin, Ritani, Adiamor and all the other usual vendors? Distinctive Gem has examples of great radiants.

Here’s the tricky thing: if it doesn’t have good light performance, no price is a good price.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
It’s hard to judge fancy cuts. We’re great at commenting on rounds, but radiants not so much. I’m wondering if there’s a bit of light leakage going on. Fancy cuts can have a ground glass appearance, and they’re mushy ground glass and bright ground glass. I’m not great at distinguishing, so hopefully an expert will chime in.

As far as pricing, have you compared with Loose Grown Diamond? Or Brian Gavin, Ritani, Adiamor and all the other usual vendors? Distinctive Gem has examples of great radiants.

Here’s the tricky thing: if it doesn’t have good light performance, no price is a good price.

Yes, it is hard with radiants. I am toying with other shapes for my LGD but I keep coming back to radiant. Originally, it was a solitare, then I had the halo setting made. Not that I regret it, but it's so big and busy and sometimes I crave the simplicity of a gorgeous stone in a traditional setting not encrusted with diamonds!

The link I posted was my local jeweler. I have checked out loosegrowndiamonds, but none of the others you mentioned. I will do that this weekend! :) Thank you!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Don’t know what your budget is, but also check out JannPaul. Crazy amazing optics!

And if you reach out to Jonathan at Distinctive Gem, tell him you’re a PSer. He’s @Rhino here. He can give concierge service in the search for a radiant.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi @Sopranojla !
No comment on the specific diamond- vendors are not allowed to comment on other sellers stones.
As a radiant lover myself…. I find it very difficult to judge the quality of cut based on the rotating videos featured on the majority of sites.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Sopranojla !
No comment on the specific diamond- vendors are not allowed to comment on other sellers stones.
As a radiant lover myself…. I find it very difficult to judge the quality of cut based on the rotating videos featured on the majority of sites.

I agree 100% That is why I'm so hesitant to buy online. On one hand, there are vendors with way better prices than my local jeweler, but what happens if I get the stone and it doesn't hold up to the specs or video/photos?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Simply return it. I think Ritani has a limit on how many returns per year. But most online retailers have a return policy.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
People have also had great success buying fancy cuts from Alex Park. @Inked, didn’t you recently buy an oval from Alex? Do you think he could help with a radiant purchase?

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
People have also had great success buying fancy cuts from Alex Park. @Inked, didn’t you recently buy an oval from Alex? Do you think he could help with a radiant purchase?

No, I haven’t purchased any stones, although oval is my second choice for a stone! Not sure about ovals, have to read up on them to know how to search for one!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
No, I haven’t purchased any stones, although oval is my second choice for a stone! Not sure about ovals, have to read up on them to know how to search for one!

I was tagging another PSer who recently bought an oval from Alex. Maybe she can share her experience.

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
I was tagging another PSer who recently bought an oval from Alex. Maybe she can share her experience.

That would be great! I'm currently searching for one this very moment on loosegrowndiamond right now! Looking in the 3-3.75 range.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also diamonds by Lauren has fancy shapes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results