shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this 1.24 Columbian emerald?

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
New stone to consider. Yes I finally gave up on finding my emerald locally and am now looking at buying one more directly. This is a 1.24 Columbian, Just under 6k. Local cert (RG GEM LAB) "Minor clarity enhancement" . 7.20 by 5.03 by 4.25.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Seller calls it "alpine green" - open to feedback - thanks for all your patience as I learn about emeralds!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Bueller?

I know Ive asked for feedback on a lot of stones but i would LOVE and appreciate any feedback from people who know more about/have purchased emeralds!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suppose my biggest concern is that I never heard of RG gem lab. I would want AGL, GIA, GRS or SSEF for an emerald.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
I suppose my biggest concern is that I never heard of RG gem lab. I would want AGL, GIA, GRS or SSEF for an emerald.i
It is a local lab in bogota that does mostly emeralds. He was GIA trained. I would send the stone to another lab for myself / insurance purposes
Thoughts on color, cut?

I'm no expert, but I do like the color a lot. And it doesn't seem to have that annoying half-and-half extinction going on that some elongated cuts do.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty to me. Doesn't look too big for its size but it is a guy's hand.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Looks pretty to me. Doesn't look too big for its size but it is a guy's hand.

Yes it may not face up particularly large, but thats ok, I think the proportions are pretty similar to others I have looks at. 1 carat seems to be around 7 mm long

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a local lab in bogota that does mostly emeralds. He was GIA trained. I would send the stone to another lab for myself / insurance purposes
Thoughts on color, cut?

Make sure you get a guarantee it’s returnable if the other gem lab comes up with something other than minor oil and/or Colombian origin. For that price, I would send it AGL for a prestige report, but to be honest, I probably wouldn’t deal with a vendor that did not send a stone like that to one of the major labs themselves.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Make sure you get a guarantee it’s returnable if the other gem lab comes up with something other than minor oil and/or Colombian origin. For that price, I would send it AGL for a prestige report, but to be honest, I probably wouldn’t deal with a vendor that did not send a stone like that to one of the major labs themselves.

Yes absolutely

Reactions: T L

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Is this from @muzoemeralds on instagram? I saw him post a 1.24ct the other day suspiciously like this one!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
mayyyyyybe :)

Heavily invested in the outcome of this transaction! Havre been lusting after their stuff for a year and contemplating a purchase. Everything looks pretty solid quality to my beginner's eye

voce

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty color, looks clean for the most part. Price still seems a bit high to me honestly, since it IS minor oil instead of no oil. I'd expect something closer to $4k/ct, but color makes a huge difference, and this emerald looks quite saturated.

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty color, looks clean for the most part. Price still seems a bit high to me honestly, since it IS minor oil instead of no oil. I'd expect something closer to $4k/ct, but color makes a huge difference, and this emerald looks quite saturated.

Thanks for your insight, I appreciate it!!

Andrew Red

Rough_Rock
Wonderful emerald!
I have followed all the story, and also I am interested...
At last are you planning to send it to AGL laboratory for a certificate?

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
How much did you end up paying for it, if you don't mind me asking!

Megan Hill

Rough_Rock
It is a very beautiful emerald and it looks very clean. Just make sure its traditional treatment (like cedar oil) and not modern (resin); since in an interview I saw that George said that sometimes for the not very expensive stones he used resin. I have heard that the resin turns a whitish color over time.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Oh so beautiful and glowy! Congrats on your emerald! It looks even better in your photos than the ones posted on the seller's IG.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It's going to Sako, who will send it in for a report (I believe he said GIA), before setting it!

Exciting! Do you know what type of setting you would like?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results