shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these studs?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I should probably wait and see what sales are offered closer to Valentines Day, but I really would like to have studs again. Previously, I had 1.60 tcw from BN, but lost a stud. That was a few years ago and still haven’t replaced them.

They were nice, but not very sparkly. I should have returned them but I wore them everyday until one was lost.

This time around, I don’t care about size as much. Someday I’d love 2ctw but for now I’d be very happy with a great cut and lots of fire and brightness.

I don’t mind warmer stones. I’m okay with S1-2 as long as it doesn’t interfere with stone’s performance. My current ering is K but has SF so faces up pretty nice. Lots of sparkle.

TCW anywhere between .60-1.00 or even .95.

Budget: 2000 but I’d go a little higher if worth it. Again, I’m okay staying small as long as I can trade up eventually.

I have a WF diamond bangle that I love from the moment I opened the box. Because of that I’d like to stay with WF. At the moment, I can’t afford (we’re planning a wedding), CBI stone or OEC stones.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention: I know for 1ctw I would need to up the budget.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock

I like these 2, gets you close to 1 carat.

I didn’t even look at your link, we posted the same diamonds!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Great finds @coda72! Thank you! What does it mean to have a pointed culet?

Reactions: AV_

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
These are well-matched. Please be sure to put them on hold while you consider! I don't think a pointed culet is a concern, but I don't have a tech explanation why.:) Good luck!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I know that a 'pointed' culet is no culet - the pavilion facets come to a sharp point; possibly GIA & AGS specific terms for the same [I do not recall seeing the word 'pointed' on any GIA report & do not see many AGS]

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I never had an AGS stone. Excited about the possibility. I hope it’s not going to be far more sparkly than my ering! Haha

Question: diamonds of this size would you have them set in a martini setting or a 4 prong?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
These are well-matched. Please be sure to put them on hold while you consider! I don't think a pointed culet is a concern, but I don't have a tech explanation why.:) Good luck!
They are currently on HOLD! Thanks for suggesting that.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I would do the 4 prong setting. I had the martini setting for a while, but the diamonds seemed to sink too deeply into my ears.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree on the basket settings because they have a flat base and don't stretch the piercing hole. I started with WF studs and upgraded 3 times! It's a great way to have diamond studs with the opportunity to change them later if your desires change for size or color!

I'd just ask WF to compare the color of the two stones to be sure they are a good match. When you get below H or I color, the color shows a little more and a high K may look like a J and a low K may look like an L, so you want to be sure the color is close to the same in a pair.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I agree on the basket settings because they have a flat base and don't stretch the piercing hole. I started with WF studs and upgraded 3 times! It's a great way to have diamond studs with the opportunity to change them later if your desires change for size or color!

I'd just ask WF to compare the color of the two stones to be sure they are a good match. When you get below H or I color, the color shows a little more and a high K may look like a J and a low K may look like an L, so you want to be sure the color is close to the same in a pair.

This is a great point! I say this because I have a K ering with SF. So it faces up nicely. Also, my K does not say, faint brown on the GIA as I’ve seen on other K/GIA reports. I like warmer stones, but I would like them to be a perfect match-color wise.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
From WF: (ty @diamondseeker2006 for the great suggestion!)

I was able to review the two diamonds, and can confirm that both are eye clean and solid K color diamonds. They are a perfect match, and provide fantastic brilliance and fire.
These will make a really beautiful pair of earrings :)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I pulled the trigger! I placed the order on the studs posted above! :bigsmile:
Thanks all for chiming in and being a good enabling resource. Lol

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I took pictures in the box. They were so clean and sparkly. But my grubby little hands had to wear them- STAT and make sure I liked them! Lol I compared it to my K ering. I can definitely see the warmth of the studs underneath as expected, but they face up nice- I think. Thoughts? My ering doesn’t look so warm from the side - at least I don’t think so- but that’s due to its SF I’m assuming. Pictures are not great. I’ll try again. 8869205F-ADC8-47AE-953D-1D9CDB1344AF.jpeg 90F778CC-733C-41FF-8ACE-4303AC7AFEB9.jpeg 42075699-5AB1-40C5-9EE1-B079879B9505.jpeg

Attachments

• 3172279E-20D0-4E59-9CDF-88E8016C6451.jpeg
    3172279E-20D0-4E59-9CDF-88E8016C6451.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
They look pretty white to me. its a beauty!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
They look gorgeous! Great presence on the ear, too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not seeing any tint in your pics - they look beautiful to me! Great size on you too :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look amazing!! Super white, and the perfect size!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock

When you upgrade studs, do you need to redo the setting each time?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you upgrade studs, do you need to redo the setting each time?

Generally yes, unless you are upgrading color or clarity and not much in size. I have had .80, 1.15 and 1.28 ct (each), and all of those required new settings. That was my biggest mistake, because I kept thinking I wouldn't upgrade and I bought special order platinum settings and now I have two sets of empty settings! I'd advise anyone planning to upgrade to buy the least expensive settings!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Generally yes, unless you are upgrading color or clarity and not much in size. I have had .80, 1.15 and 1.28 ct (each), and all of those required new settings. That was my biggest mistake, because I kept thinking I wouldn't upgrade and I bought special order platinum settings and now I have two sets of empty settings! I'd advise anyone planning to upgrade to buy the least expensive settings!

That’s really good to know! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results