shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on These Studs?

uber

Rough_Rock
Hi, i'm a newbie and any help would be greatly appreciated ::)

My husband wants to buy a pair of studs (uncerted) for me. I did some research and read that the spectral images from man made stones (moissanites) appear "shorter and blocky (The blue end cut short) or appear doubled and overlaping." I'm not sure what that means and if the diamonds on the video appear to have those warning signs.

Here's the link for the video: https://youtu.be/BULmWStZ2U4

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This site does not allow posts in regards to synthetics, so you will unfortunately not get much help. If you are looking at mossoinite you are not looking at diamonds.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1445272459|3939865 said:
This site does not allow posts in regards to synthetics, so you will unfortunately not get much help. If you are looking at mossoinite you are not looking at diamonds.

I think her question is whether the earrings shown in the video might be moissonite rather than the real diamonds they're being represented as.

I certainly can't tell the difference between real and synthetic diamond from a video, especially a relatively poor-quality video such as the one in your post. If you're asking whether it's possible to detect a fake diamond from a video image, you might get more responses by using a more direct title. Even if it were possible however this video is not high quality, which limits its usefulness.

uber

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good catch VR! Apologies OP. You will be able to take them to any jeweler and they should be able to tell. I wouldn't purchase w/o a return period - even if only a few days after you receive the item.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results