shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these numbers?

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I'm hesitant to post a link to the actual diamond right now for fear of poaching but here are the specs on a 2 carat super ideal. Thoughts on the numbers? TIA!

DIAMOND SPECIFICATIONS
Depth % 61.4
Table % 55.8
Crown Angle 34.6
Star 49.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 15.2
Lower Girdle % 77.0

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Proportions look amazing. Small table and love the 34.5/40.8 angle combo with the 15.2% crown height. This should be a very firey stone. Also, the LGF's are medium sized and a very nice balance.

Do you have specific concerns with any of the properties? Generally speaking, I'd look over the hearts image and make sure it's great. Also, look at the ASET carefully. Lastly, I like to watch the videos.

Also, you know you can reserve a stone and then post the link w/o fear of losing it?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely stone. I saw that you had concerns about the I colour of your current stone, so this might be a great alternative, if within budget. Very nice SI1 as well. I’d ask to put it on hold while you decide.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
72794415-0856-4FF0-809B-54BC0346A567.jpeg 04AD7BAF-9CD9-44B2-A6F8-B731AE72DF26.jpeg F71C2907-E46B-4CED-9CD6-EE1AB846EEBB.jpeg 90BAB65C-5F34-43FE-AA2F-33914929BBE2.jpeg
Proportions look amazing. Small table and love the 34.5/40.8 angle combo with the 15.2% crown height. This should be a very firey stone. Also, the LGF's are medium sized and a very nice balance.

Do you have specific concerns with any of the properties? Generally speaking, I'd look over the hearts image and make sure it's great. Also, look at the ASET carefully. Lastly, I like to watch the videos.

Also, you know you can reserve a stone and then post the link w/o fear of losing it?

Good idea I will ask to put it on hold! It’s an SI1 so I’m waiting to hear on eye clean. Here are the other images. Will share link once on hold. I’m not good at interpreting these images!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
It is a lovely stone. I saw that you had concerns about the I colour of your current stone, so this might be a great alternative, if within budget. Very nice SI1 as well. I’d ask to put it on hold while you decide.

Thanks! Yes it’s an H! I did email Becca to ask her to hold. Waiting to hear back!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Measurements are 8.13 x 8.18. My current stone is 8.18 x 8.21. I don’t think I would see the difference - anyone disagree?

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
2B9222C4-AE0F-4FDB-A9CD-73CC0093F6E3.jpeg And here are the numbers on my current diamond. Do we like the performance of this new one better?

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It will look slightly smaller, but that's the reality. Would you be bothered by being able to see the inclusion? Once you can see it it's very hard to 'unsee' it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When she says lighter inclusion, is she talking about an inclusion that appears white? Does she think this stone will be appreciably whiter than your current stone? This is a tough one - approx. same size, same clarity, one color grade higher. I am the queen of tweaking so to me it could make a big difference but not sure how picky you are. Did you ask her if there are any other stones coming down the pike in the next couple of weeks?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh, that is the cleanest SI1 I've seen, but I also have bad vision up close. I wouldn't be able to see it. It looks gorgeous and I highly doubt you'll notice any size difference

mchap

Rough_Rock

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Measurements are 8.13 x 8.18. My current stone is 8.18 x 8.21. I don’t think I would see the difference - anyone disagree?
I don’t think that you will see the size difference. I went down a couple of mm myself and I can’t notice the difference irl. I do think, however, that you will notice the color difference.

Becca must have some great eyes, but I doubt that you will be able to see any of the inclusions, it is a very, very clean SI1. I wouldn’t hesitate.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

5 x 1/100 of a millimeter? I’d like to meet the person that can see that size difference! lol

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, You helped me so much with my diamond for my 40th. It should be here next week. Did you not like your 2.065 you showed me with the Vache setting?

I love it, but the I Color is bothering me. That’s my one and only complaint. The setting is perfection and the diamond sparkles more than I thought possible! You won’t have this problem because of your higher color!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think that you will see the size difference. I went down a couple of mm myself and I can’t notice the difference irl. I do think, however, that you will notice the color difference.

Becca must have some great eyes, but I doubt that you will be able to see any of the inclusions, it is a very, very clean SI1. I wouldn’t hesitate.

I was surprised she saw something too! The photos and report look so clean!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
5 x 1/100 of a millimeter? I’d like to meet the person that can see that size difference! lol

That’s what I was thinking!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
When she says lighter inclusion, is she talking about an inclusion that appears white? Does she think this stone will be appreciably whiter than your current stone? This is a tough one - approx. same size, same clarity, one color grade higher. I am the queen of tweaking so to me it could make a big difference but not sure how picky you are. Did you ask her if there are any other stones coming down the pike in the next couple of weeks?

Yes i believe an inclusion that appears white but I’ve asked for clarification. I’ve also asked if she thinks it will be enough of a color difference for me to notice. If it is, it would be worth it to me. The I is bothering me. :( No I didn’t ask about more stones coming - I will!

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@kal2021 - good luck!!! I hope it’s really eye clean. I think it was @blueMA whobsaid that Becca must be young and still has great vision hahahhaa. Good to confirm if it’s eye clean TO YOU. If it is visible to someone with eagle eyes at 6 inches at an angle or straight on, would that bother you? Is it a white inclusion? I don’t think most would inspect your ring that close but you will. Is that ok with you if it’s visible to you? I doubt you will notice the size difference. I hope that the color difference is sufficient for you. Good luck. I’m excited to hear what your decision is. Hope the girls are doing well :).

mchap

Rough_Rock
I love it, but the I Color is bothering me. That’s my one and only complaint. The setting is perfection and the diamond sparkles more than I thought possible! You won’t have this problem because of your higher color!
I am glad WF has the return policy so you can change the diamond. Hope you get the one you want!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
@kal2021 - good luck!!! I hope it’s really eye clean. I think it was @blueMA whobsaid that Becca must be young and still has great vision hahahhaa. Good to confirm if it’s eye clean TO YOU. If it is visible to someone with eagle eyes at 6 inches at an angle or straight on, would that bother you? Is it a white inclusion? I don’t think most would inspect your ring that close but you will. Is that ok with you if it’s visible to you? I doubt you will notice the size difference. I hope that the color difference is sufficient for you. Good luck. I’m excited to hear what your decision is. Hope the girls are doing well :).

You’re so sweet thank you - the girls are doing well! I’m just exhausted!

I have great eyes but when I hold my ring 6 inches from my eye it’s pretty hard to focus! I think it’s a white inclusion but I’m waiting to hear back. If I can see it immediately it would bother me. If I can’t see it unless i really look and strain, that would probably be ok!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
@sledge what do you think now that I’ve posted a link to the diamond? Thanks!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
It’s on hold now so here is the link. Becca said she could see a lighter inclusion between the table and crown facets at 6 inches. Nothing at 10 inches. Makes me nervous that she can see it though. Thoughts on that?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4066980.htm

If that inclusion doesn’t bother you as you hope, this is a beauty! Not much to say about an ACA ... proportions are lovely, nice H color, images and video are beautiful! :appl:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the delay @kal2021. Work has been kicking my butt lately. I started replying last night but crashed on the couch with my phone in hand, lol. Anyhow, I finished up my response. Short version....it's awesome!

It’s on hold now so here is the link. Becca said she could see a lighter inclusion between the table and crown facets at 6 inches. Nothing at 10 inches. Makes me nervous that she can see it though. Thoughts on that?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4066980.htm

Wowsas!!! Images and video look fantastic! Also agree about appearing to be a very clean looking SI1. I would be curious to know more about what Becca saw.

It will look slightly smaller, but that's the reality. Would you be bothered by being able to see the inclusion? Once you can see it it's very hard to 'unsee' it.

LOL, we are talking about 0.05mm difference. To the Americans, we are talking about 1/512th of an inch.

Those with the best eye sight would struggle considerably to identify a difference side by side. Shipping a stone half way across the country to exchange for a new one and it will not appear smaller at all as that is such a minor difference our eyes cannot appreciate it.

You’re so sweet thank you - the girls are doing well! I’m just exhausted!

I have great eyes but when I hold my ring 6 inches from my eye it’s pretty hard to focus! I think it’s a white inclusion but I’m waiting to hear back. If I can see it immediately it would bother me. If I can’t see it unless i really look and strain, that would probably be ok!

Keep in mind we all have different focal ranges. This article is pretty interesting.

https://www.pricescope.com/articles/what_eye_clean_diamond

Borrowing from the article, here is a test you can run to determine at what distance you can clearly focus and if it will bother you.

"A simple eye sight test is to place one end of a ruler against your cheek and run your finger up and down the ruler to measure how close you can focus.

As we get older most people lose the ability to focus close up. If you are young or short sighted you may be able to focus closer than 15cm (6 inches) and you may be able to see some VS2 inclusions, especially in larger diamonds of say 2 carats or more (as diamond size increases so too are the allowable sizes of VS and lower inclusions).

Sometimes SI2 diamonds can be found with several smaller inclusions spread throughout the diamond that are eye-clean to the sharpest eyed people.

Remember that no one can see your diamond from closer than 30cm (one foot) unless you take the piece off and hand it to them."

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the delay @kal2021. Work has been kicking my butt lately. I started replying last night but crashed on the couch with my phone in hand, lol. Anyhow, I finished up my response. Short version....it's awesome!

Wowsas!!! Images and video look fantastic! Also agree about appearing to be a very clean looking SI1. I would be curious to know more about what Becca saw.

LOL, we are talking about 0.05mm difference. To the Americans, we are talking about 1/512th of an inch.

Those with the best eye sight would struggle considerably to identify a difference side by side. Shipping a stone half way across the country to exchange for a new one and it will not appear smaller at all as that is such a minor difference our eyes cannot appreciate it.

Keep in mind we all have different focal ranges. This article is pretty interesting.

https://www.pricescope.com/articles/what_eye_clean_diamond

Borrowing from the article, here is a test you can run to determine at what distance you can clearly focus and if it will bother you.

"A simple eye sight test is to place one end of a ruler against your cheek and run your finger up and down the ruler to measure how close you can focus.

As we get older most people lose the ability to focus close up. If you are young or short sighted you may be able to focus closer than 15cm (6 inches) and you may be able to see some VS2 inclusions, especially in larger diamonds of say 2 carats or more (as diamond size increases so too are the allowable sizes of VS and lower inclusions).

Sometimes SI2 diamonds can be found with several smaller inclusions spread throughout the diamond that are eye-clean to the sharpest eyed people.

Remember that no one can see your diamond from closer than 30cm (one foot) unless you take the piece off and hand it to them."

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response, and please don't ever apologize for a delay! I appreciate your input and everyone else's so much! I agree this looks like a beautiful stone. Thank you for saying the same! I am going to try the ruler thing! Based on the images the stone looks so clean and I really want an H stone with lots of fire!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
This is what Becca originally said: "This is a nice diamond and within 1/10th of a mm to what you have so the size would look the same to the eye there. This is an eye clean SI1 per our definition and has a lighter inclusion between the table and the crown facets that I was able to see at 6 inches. It’s a nice white color and has fantastic edge to edge light return and performance."

What can I ask to get better clarification on the inclusion?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
This is what Becca originally said: "This is a nice diamond and within 1/10th of a mm to what you have so the size would look the same to the eye there. This is an eye clean SI1 per our definition and has a lighter inclusion between the table and the crown facets that I was able to see at 6 inches. It’s a nice white color and has fantastic edge to edge light return and performance."

What can I ask to get better clarification on the inclusion?

Is it straight on or do you need to turn it at a certain angle to see? I have to say, I am loving my ACA H more and more each day compared to my J ES. It has so much fire and happy with the color upgrade. I still hope to get an F or G color for my final upgrade around 8.5mm to 8.75mm though. I hope this one works out great for you. Can’t wait!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Frankly I'm having trouble locating the white inclusion with the magnified video, so there's no chance I'd be able to spot the inclusion unless I have a higher power reading glasses on. :geek:

@kal2021 - do you think you'd be fine with an H? If the thought of someone spotting the tiny inclusion bothers you, which clearly it does, perhaps you should wait for future stock for additional options, including a possible G? I'm thinking you'd probably notice a tint even on an H. Have you gone out to your local stores to verify your color sensitivity?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results