shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on These IdealScope/Aset Images?

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm considering this stone, sight unseen over another one in a B&M which was Gia VG but can't see images for.

How excellent is the stone below by looking at the Idealscope/Aset images in terms of light leakage etc? Also, the AGS cert shows a lot of feathering around the sides of the stone but it is supposed to be eye-clean from white flash. Would you have any concern about the feathering if they say it is eye-clean? (visible on the AGS report on the link).
Thanks.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2677732.htm

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good, maybe slight leakage or image taking problem.

Feather is not the grade setting inclusion, the report list inclusion in order of severity, so it is not an SI1 level inclusion but at worst a VS2, should not be a problem.

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
"so it is not an SI1 level inclusion but at worst a VS2, should not be a problem"

So are you saying that the stone being "cloudy" since clouds is listed fist, is what I should be concerned about, if anything? What did you mean by the Vs2 reference? Do you mean this looks like a Vs2? (that would be nice :) Sorry, if you could please elaborate or rephrase that comment for me so I can understand better...thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inclusion naming convention is with the most severe type of inclusions listed first. If 2 inclusions is the same grade and one of which is a feather, the feather will be listed first.

Given that the feather is listed as the 3rd inclusion, none of the feather inclusions present in the stone is a SI1 grade, at worst the feather will only be a VS2 grade, the next worse grade. The cloud inclusion is marked on the map, not spread out over the stone, will unlikely to be resulting in the stone looking cloudy. Most of the marking on the map is actually cloud inclusions, the only feather inclusions I noticed are in the pavilion map.

pdf of the report from AGS.
http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104052973018-PLDQR.PDF

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11|1315588478|3013675 said:
Looks good, maybe slight leakage or image taking problem.

Feather is not the grade setting inclusion, the report list inclusion in order of severity, so it is not an SI1 level inclusion but at worst a VS2, should not be a problem.

Sorry for butting in...I'm one of Stone Cold's biggest fans.

But...is it crystal clear about what's driving the opinion of the IS?

If it weren't for also having the AGS0, and it's general imprimatur (WF, ES), would the IS have the same value and interpretation?

Ira Z.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No idea, AGS map do not show any leakage under the table but a bit too dark in the IS/ASET to my liking so the warning.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a great stone and StoneCold gives great advice. :) This looks like a good buy and there is always a return period if you find you are unhappy. At any rate- I can confidently say that this stone is better than the GIA VG cut stone you were considering at the B&M Store.

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
Well yay for that! Cuz I just put this stone on reserve and am moving forward. Thanks for all of your info and advice. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results