clarity

Thoughts on these 3 options

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have to use Blue Nile for the upgrade?

joejr

Rough_Rock
Do you have to use Blue Nile for the upgrade?

I purchased her original ring from there so was going to follow through with their upgrade policy. Having lurked on pricescope a tad before coming on here I learned that Whiteflash is generally the preferred rec.

I am new to upgrading and all this but understand that we would have to sell my wife’s ring at a big loss in order to purchase elsewhere like Whiteflash . Our budget is pretty firm. I did the math and she would not be able to significantly upgrade the specs if we went the whiteflash route. Would the loss be worth it to mostly upgrade cut versus going bigger and whiter? I don’t want her to be disappointed.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased her original ring from there so was going to follow through with their upgrade policy. Having lurked on pricescope a tad before coming on here I learned that Whiteflash is generally the preferred rec.

I am new to upgrading and all this but understand that we would have to sell my wife’s ring at a big loss in order to purchase elsewhere like Whiteflash . Our budget is pretty firm. I did the math and she would not be able to significantly upgrade the specs if we went the whiteflash route. Would the loss be worth it to mostly upgrade cut versus going bigger and whiter? I don’t want her to be disappointed.

It might be worth inquiring with Whiteflash to see if they would be interested in buying your diamond. If the cut and specs are desirable, they may be interested. Otherwise, I agree that it makes more sense to stick with Blue Nile.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think #2 is a nice stone and if you prefer to stay with Blue Nile, of those three, I'd pick that one. If she is looking to upgrade size and color, then upgrading cut may not be what she really wants.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
The #2 has a report from 2011. If it were me, I would want an updated report. Anything could have happened to the stone in 11 years.

joejr

Rough_Rock
It might be worth inquiring with Whiteflash to see if they would be interested in buying your diamond. If the cut and specs are desirable, they may be interested. Otherwise, I agree that it makes more sense to stick with Blue Nile.

I assume not because the stone was not a triple x …? Still worth bothering them?

joejr

Rough_Rock
The #2 has a report from 2011. If it were me, I would want an updated report. Anything could have happened to the stone in 11 years.

Do you think blue Nile would supply me with a new report?
Thank you for pointing this out, I did not notice that aspect on the report. Is it a red flag that this stone has not been purchased since 2011?

joejr

Rough_Rock
I think #2 is a nice stone and if you prefer to stay with Blue Nile, of those three, I'd pick that one. If she is looking to upgrade size and color, then upgrading cut may not be what she really wants.

Thank you for the advice. Can you explain why that one is best of the three? And should I go with that one or should I keep looking?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for pointing this out, I did not notice that aspect on the report. Is it a red flag that this stone has not been purchased since 2011?

it may have been traded in for an upgrade, so for that reason, a new report makes sense, as some damage could have been done since 2011.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

Old report does not mean that the diamond has not been purchased before. It just means that it could have been damaged and I would prefer a new report if it were me. I do not know if BN is willing to provide a new report. You could always ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kya
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results