shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on the e-ring I''m about to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lonebrave

Rough_Rock
I think I''ve figured out what e-ring I want to buy for my girl. A Trois Brilliant (Plat) from WF with one of these two as the center.
Stone 1
Stone 2

I think I''m leaning towards Stone 1.

Any thoughts?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Do you have wicked eyes?

If not, I''d lean the other way.

(I''ll show you my reasons if you show me yours...).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
G VS2

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
G VS2 all the way

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anothe vote for G VS2.

lonebrave

Rough_Rock
Ira,

Wicked meaning....???

My thoughts....ok, first thing, I originally thought about .60 center, but a number of jewelers have said it''s a hard wt to find. I don''t want anything bigger, so I''m dropping down to .55.

Price difference is negligible.
Both look good in the HCA.
I can''t see any inclusions in the large images of either, but that''s a single shot, viewed on a computer.
Stone 2 is a little more round and a little larger in diameter.
Stone 2 seems to have more inclusions. I have a hard time distinguishing the types on certs (in general), so that may be a factor I''m misinterpreting.
Stone 2''s IS image looks better (less leakage, right?).
I''m not sure how to read the ASET image.

Both are in the color range I was looking for (g/h). I am willing to go to SI1 if necessary (and eye clean), but I''m not sure it''s necessary given my budget (which these are within). I''d rather have the extra clarity over color within that range. I don''t think H will be a problem with the setting.

To add more fuel to the fire, Katie at WF sent a few suggestions (after I posted the thread) that included the original two, plus one more, which seems to sit in the middle of 1 & 2 measurement-wise, but taking the best (G/VS1) of both.
Stone 3

SBee

Rough_Rock
my personal preference is for G over H, but that''s just me! I would go with the G / VS2

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 8:47:00 PM
Author: lonebrave
Ira,

Wicked meaning....???

My thoughts....ok, first thing, I originally thought about .60 center, but a number of jewelers have said it''s a hard wt to find. I don''t want anything bigger, so I''m dropping down to .55.

Price difference is negligible.
Both look good in the HCA.
I can''t see any inclusions in the large images of either, but that''s a single shot, viewed on a computer.
Stone 2 is a little more round and a little larger in diameter.
Stone 2 seems to have more inclusions. I have a hard time distinguishing the types on certs (in general), so that may be a factor I''m misinterpreting.
Stone 2''s IS image looks better (less leakage, right?).
I''m not sure how to read the ASET image.

Both are in the color range I was looking for (g/h). I am willing to go to SI1 if necessary (and eye clean), but I''m not sure it''s necessary given my budget (which these are within). I''d rather have the extra clarity over color within that range. I don''t think H will be a problem with the setting.

To add more fuel to the fire, Katie at WF sent a few suggestions (after I posted the thread) that included the original two, plus one more, which seems to sit in the middle of 1 & 2 measurement-wise, but taking the best (G/VS1) of both.
Stone 3
Wicked eyes meaning...under these conditions, you''d need VS1 because you can see in detail everything. As you''ll read in contemporary threads, it''s very unusual for any inclusions to be seen with VS2, so that''s frequently seen to be sufficient. VS1 is not exactly overkill...but unless you have like "wicked eyes," you''re likely not to need it, and likewise...may not need the VS1 in stone 3, which gives you both. Most of my friends here agree to trade the better color for clarity, too.

Re the ISes...#2 does look incredible, though it may be more a style difference in comparison to #1, vis a vis new line vs traditional...so that may be a wash...but people who like expensive 8 stars do pays money to get that effect.

lonebrave

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 11:31:22 PM
Author: Regular Guy

Wicked eyes meaning...under these conditions, you''d need VS1 because you can see in detail everything. As you''ll read in contemporary threads, it''s very unusual for any inclusions to be seen with VS2, so that''s frequently seen to be sufficient. VS1 is not exactly overkill...but unless you have like ''wicked eyes,'' you''re likely not to need it, and likewise...may not need the VS1 in stone 3, which gives you both. Most of my friends here agree to trade the better color for clarity, too.

Re the ISes...#2 does look incredible, though it may be more a style difference in comparison to #1, vis a vis new line vs traditional...so that may be a wash...but people who like expensive 8 stars do pays money to get that effect.
Ira,

Thanks for the thoughts on clarity. We both wear glasses/contacts, so I''ll take that into consideration.

Everyone else, thanks for the recommendations, too.

Nick

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
G VS2!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results