shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on the attached images please - Oval Diamond

moonshine99

Rough_Rock
I have requested ASET images on each of the below diamonds from James Allen to get an idea of the differences but would greatly appreciate any feedback from the community as well. I know the D-VVS1 has a significant bow-tie effect in comparison. It seems to my untrained eye that the D-VS1 stone is the better stone but hopefully the ASET images and their recommendation will assist.

The diamond will end up in an East-West setting and I know that does impact the way the stone would reflect as well.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-VVS1-Ideal-Cut-Oval-Diamond-1380933.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-VS1-Premium-Cut-Oval-Diamond-1384390.asp

Thanks to anyone who chimes in for their input!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the D-VS1 better but waiting on the aset.

bridecat

Rough_Rock
Despite the 1.28carat diamond having a better clarity I like the other diamond better.

Also, you can't go wrong. Both are GIA certified. I wouldn't buy a diamond these days without a GIA report.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both of those, from those pics - my preference is for the 1.42 though, I really like the shape, esp for an E/W setting! What does your JA rep say? Any chance you could have both shipped out to look at in-person at the same time, and let your eyes choose?
Otherwise I agree, waiting for your rep's opinion + ASET will help you choose I think.

What setting are you thinking of?

bridecat|1309288576|2957194 said:
Also, you can't go wrong. Both are GIA certified. I wouldn't buy a diamond these days without a GIA report.

Did you not read my reply in the other two threads?

GIA does not, has never, and will never "certify" diamonds.
Please adjust what is apparently your tagline to reflect reality.

FYI there are other reports (AGA, AGS) of equal or more prestige, if not client base size, in the US, depending on what size (and colour/clarity/rarity) the stone is, what audience you are marketing to, HRD is the go-to in Europe from what I understand, IGI in parts of Asia I believe.. though of course a GIA report may be your personal preference/requirement and there is nothing wrong with that.

moonshine99

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your responses. It seems like there is a consensus on the larger stone at this point. I don't yet have a JA rep as I have done all the research on my own to this point and today requested via their online chat for the ASET images and recommendation to be sent to me (should be in 2-3 days).

My wife really likes the longer stone and this was one of the few I found with the ratio over 1.5:1 which I think would look beautiful in an East/West.

We have not selected a setting as of yet but she seems to be leaning toward a split-shank or halo currently. We have a local jeweler who does customizations that we will work with once we have the stone.

Again, thanks to all for the input and insight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results