shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Table Size for Antique Cut Cushions

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does a smaller table size give more of an authentic old mine cut look? I was comparing elongated antique style cushions on Ritani and didn't pull the trigger on any of them because the table sizes were 55 or greater and I wanted a smaller table. Today they are all gone- even the one for 11k. I'm in no hurry to buy. Hubby is gifting me with whatever I choose, and I want to get it right because it's a gift from him and I want to really love it. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance. :)

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed all the "old cut" and interesting cut stones I had saved on Ritani are gone too, and I'm super bummed!! Just when I was close to making my first MMD purchase.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed all the "old cut" and interesting cut stones I had saved on Ritani are gone too, and I'm super bummed!! Just when I was close to making my first MMD purchase.

Awww....sorry that happened. I'm probably going with the option of buying a stone and having it recut. Maybe you would like to do that too? I made an inquiry today so we will see what happens.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Awww....sorry that happened. I'm probably going with the option of buying a stone and having it recut. Maybe you would like to do that too? I made an inquiry today so we will see what happens.

So weird that they are all gone. Seems more that they stopped offering them for some reason vs. that they all sold

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I prefer a smaller table, but the 'new' old cuts are very standardized so there isn't much variance. You can choose elongated culet or square culet. I'd bet they're increasing in popularity because EGD examples are getting harder to find for reasonable prices.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer a smaller table, but the 'new' old cuts are very standardized so there isn't much variance. You can choose elongated culet or square culet. I'd bet they're increasing in popularity because EGD examples are getting harder to find for reasonable prices.

I noticed this too. I just got off the phone with Ashley who is amazing and has agreed re-cut a lab stone I purchase. He is so nice he is even looking for the lab stones. :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I noticed this too. I just got off the phone with Ashley who is amazing and has agreed re-cut a lab stone I purchase. He is so nice he is even looking for the lab stones. :)

That's fabulous, let us know how that goes as that may be what I end up doing to get what I want too!

Mom2424722

Rough_Rock
Sure thing. Ashley offered to source an for an old cut lab diamond for me so there's that option as well. :)

Are you wanting something in addition to the beauty you just purchased? Or are you deciding you’d rather have an elongated cut?

And…What shape would you need to have it re-cut as an antique?

You totally have my curiosity piqued!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you wanting something in addition to the beauty you just purchased? Or are you deciding you’d rather have an elongated cut?

And…What shape would you need to have it re-cut as an antique?

You totally have my curiosity piqued!

Hi. Thanks for asking. :) I was enamored by @springsparkle's elongated cushion and wanted one like it. But as beautiful as it is I realized I would stop wearing the new OM cushion if I bought one. So I changed direction and decided on a transitional cut diamond.

Ashley from SW diamond cutters told me to cut an antique elongated cushion you would start with a diamond of the same shape and you probably would not lose much weight in the recut.

Round diamonds that are recut into old cuts lose more weight, so I need to keep that in mind. Ashley's looking at lab diamonds that are good candidates for me. I would like the size to end up around 10mm. Ideally I would start with a round lab diamond that has a smaller table and higher crown.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ParksAntiqueLab on IG has has cushion/OMC lab stones with small tables posted recently.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results