shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on proportions? Or keep looking?

Krecke1

Rough_Rock
This will be my third purchase. Number 2 is headed back today, which is a shame because it was a beautiful diamond. Independent appraiser said it's rare that diamonds that gorgeous walk into the door. However it was an H color and while most of the time I didn't notice any color, there were certain situations where I could and I've decided it's not something I want to second guess for the rest of my life. Shame because I got one hell of a deal on it. Diamond being returned was GIA 1.59ct RBC, IF, H, 1.6 HCA that fell in the AGS ideal proportions.

Diamond I am looking to replace it with:
1.6ct RBC
E
VVS2
Depth: 62.1 %
Table: 54 %
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle:Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet: None
Flour: Faint

This diamond is $3k more for the move up three grades in color, but down in clarity. Clarity is based in internal graining. Does that seem about normal for a stone of this size? I don't think it is as good of a deal as I had on the other stone but for a life time diamond, I can't make the decision on the best deal...it has to be the best stone.

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The numbers look good, I would get an ideal scope image, but it looks very promising.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone has very good numbers...should be a lovely stone. Cant really comment on the price unless you tell us the cost.

Krecke1

Rough_Rock
This stone has very good numbers...should be a lovely stone. Cant really comment on the price unless you tell us the cost.

I paid $13,500 for the 1.59 H stone.
This 1.63 E is $16,500.

I will ask today if I can get an ideal scope/ASET

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Krecke1|1452358719|3973220 said:

I paid $13,500 for the 1.59 H stone.
This 1.63 E is $16,500.

I will ask today if I can get an ideal scope/ASET
I Love the proportions!... :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to an online check with James Allen you also got a very good price on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results