shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Princess AGS0 VS1 G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2009 3:10:20 PM
Author: p4badsha
Wink thank you for your response. I am attaching the AGS report. I apologize if the photo is small as there is a 100kb limit on attachments. Please take a look if anyone wishes. Wink i understand what you are saying about shipping the diamonds to an independent appraiser before paying for them, but it would be $225 a diamond to have it verified and looked at.
Okay, that seems like a bunch per stone to bring in two or three stones, especially if you did not need a written report on each diamond. But, that is not my business so I have no idea what the appropriate cost is, but it might be worth asking if that includes a written report and what would the charge be to just do the written report on the final selectee.

Based on the cert that you have shown us, the correct terminology for the polish and symmetry should have been ideal, not excellent as you stated in your first post. However, the obvious leakage in the image that you supplied us and the fact that this is not a Diamond Quality Document with a finished cut grade would lead me to believe that the light performance must indeed be lower than an AGS 0, else the diamond would have a DQD instead of a DQR (report).

In any case your vendor can not properly claim it to be an AGS 0 cut diamond with out an AGS report that clearly states it on the report. Anything less is merely that vendor''s opinion and in my opinion it must be clearly stated that this is an opinion and not a statement of fact. I and many other vendors do tend to be more than a little anal about stones being labeled Ideal by AGS unless they are actually labeled Ideal by AGS.

In this case, the diamond clearly is not so labeled by the AGS and my thought is that if it had AGS 0 light performance along with the AGS Ideal Polish and Symmetry that it would in fact have the DQD with that oh so valuable declaration on it. I reserve the right to be wrong, but at this time I do not believe that I am.

Wink

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Based on my experience examining princess cuts and correlating their results with reflector images, Wink I don't think you are wrong either.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2009 3:44:51 PM
Author: Rhino
Based on my experience examining princess cuts and correlating their results with reflector images, Wink I don''t think you are wrong either.

Darn it Rhino, what fun is that?

Sigh! Never a good fight when you want one...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2009 3:50:30 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 3/8/2009 3:44:51 PM
Author: Rhino
Based on my experience examining princess cuts and correlating their results with reflector images, Wink I don''t think you are wrong either.

Darn it Rhino, what fun is that?

Sigh! Never a good fight when you want one...
26.gif

p4badsha

Rough_Rock
Wink, Rhino thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. I am confused as to what I should do now. I will speak to the vendor and let you know what I find.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2009 9:12:48 AM
Wink, Rhino thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. I am confused as to what I should do now. I will speak to the vendor and let you know what I find.

I am sure that you will find it was a confusion rather than a deliberate misleading. Rereading your thread I think I know who the vendor is, and I am sure they would not intentionally give you bad advice, although in this instance I believe that the sales associate did not look at the report fully enough to realize that it was a DQR and not a DQD.

Wink

p4badsha

Rough_Rock
Yeah the vendor was named in the thread. So DQR does not list cut quality. Two questions please:

1. Can i request a DQD report and should the vendor oblige?
2. What would an AGS0 cut quality diamond with the specs I listed cost approx? The price is near $5000 for this stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 11:47:50 AM
Yeah the vendor was named in the thread. So DQR does not list cut quality. Two questions please:

1. Can i request a DQD report and should the vendor oblige?
2. What would an AGS0 cut quality diamond with the specs I listed cost approx? The price is near $5000 for this stone.
It might be best to find a diamond with a DQD if I am understanding you correctly, rather than ask for a regrade of a diamond with a DQR. As to prices, you can use the search by cut tool option in the Pricescope your Diamond tool above, check AGS0 only for Princess and that will bring up the prices of similar.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:47:50 AM

Based on what I''m seeing at other vendors, it''s looking like $6000-7000. I would consider H color and SI clarity...then you might be able to get around what you''re looking for.

Also, if <1ct is mind-clean, and if this stone turns out to be eye-clean, there''s a 0.94 F SI2 Infinity available through Wink for under budget.

p4badsha

Rough_Rock
Ok guys...I decided to work with the vendor and keep the diamond. I know some of you will be disappointed. I honestly dont have the time. Too many other things to plan and do. I appreciate all the input, Wink thank you. You are on the top of my list for future diamond purchases.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 1:51:01 PM
Ok guys...I decided to work with the vendor and keep the diamond. I know some of you will be disappointed. I honestly dont have the time. Too many other things to plan and do. I appreciate all the input, Wink thank you. You are on the top of my list for future diamond purchases.
It is still a very pretty Princess and far better cut than most you would see - no worries!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results