shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on pink sapphire eternity band

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Very vibrant. I'm a fan of square shaped eternities myself.

voce

Ideal_Rock
They would make for a great band, but since they're 3mm, the band would be 3.5mm or 4mm probably. Please make sure you are comfortable wearing a wide band. I know some members like @dk168 have no problem sporting a wide band, but I personally cannot tolerate a band wider than 3.5mm, so I hope you take your personal tolerance for ring band width into consideration before making the decision to do the project.

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
I got themm!! So Excited cause its my first anniversary in december and i havent seen my husband since march due to the pandemic (he lives in nyc and i in toronto) so this will be a great gift to myself for having tolerated the distance!! Any ideas on where i can get them set??

voce

Ideal_Rock
I got themm!! So Excited cause its my first anniversary in december and i havent seen my husband since march due to the pandemic (he lives in nyc and i in toronto) so this will be a great gift to myself for having tolerated the distance!! Any ideas on where i can get them set??

As you're in Toronto, do a web search for bespoke jewelry Toronto. I remember there was a place on Queen St (not a Toronto native), where there were lots of artisans. I especially like working with German goldsmiths because my experience (admittedly, I have only worked with 3 different jewelers of German descent) is that they tend to behave ethically, and hold the work that they do to exacting standards.

Gosh, I wish I still had the business card, but it was 2018 when I was in Toronto, and I no longer remember the name of the business or the name of that goldsmith.

Just look someone up, call them before you go in, make sure they explain a reasonable range of expected prices, take outside stones, etc before you meet up so you don't waste time with someone that only works with stones they have sourced themselves.

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
As you're in Toronto, do a web search for bespoke jewelry Toronto. I remember there was a place on Queen St (not a Toronto native), where there were lots of artisans. I especially like working with German goldsmiths because my experience (admittedly, I have only worked with 3 different jewelers of German descent) is that they tend to behave ethically, and hold the work that they do to exacting standards.

Gosh, I wish I still had the business card, but it was 2018 when I was in Toronto, and I no longer remember the name of the business or the name of that goldsmith.

Just look someone up, call them before you go in, make sure they explain a reasonable range of expected prices, take outside stones, etc before you meet up so you don't waste time with someone that only works with stones they have sourced themselves.

oh my thanks for all this information! i will check it out for sure. i am currently in toronto but will be visiting new york next month for christmas. so i am also looking at jewelers in nyc who might be able to help with this. i have worked with id jewelers multiple times previously but need to enquire if they will set stones which are not theirs

voce

Ideal_Rock
oh my thanks for all this information! i will check it out for sure. i am currently in toronto but will be visiting new york next month for christmas. so i am also looking at jewelers in nyc who might be able to help with this. i have worked with id jewelers multiple times previously but need to enquire if they will set stones which are not theirs

If you're working with NYC jewelers, my suggestion is you leave your sapphires with your husband and do not expect to be meeting up with jewelers in NYC around Christmas. As you might expect, the period leading up to Christmas is the busiest time of the year for jewelers, and many of them go on vacation after long weeks of working on many projects. I shouldn't expect to find any who'd want to start a new project around Christmas instead of waiting for 2021.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results