shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jknapper

Rough_Rock
This is probably a poor picture - I tried uploading a second one, but don''t think it worked. Does anyone have any comments on this pic thru the ideal scope, or is the quality of the pic too bad

star2.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here is the picture. Looks very symmetrical and virtually no visible leakage. How was it taken? Why there is so much pink arrownd?

star2.jpg

jknapper

Rough_Rock
I took the digital camera, put the diamond in the ideal scope, then the ideal scope up to the lens of the camera and clicked - very simple way. I have another one uploaded to the forum I guess but not sure how to attach it - it is star1.jpg - when I click upload, it says it already exists, cause I uploaded it once - now I just need to attach it.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here it is. My only concern is whether diamond is positioned correctly: pavilion should not be inside the scope i.e. the girdle should be leveled with the edge of the scope.

star1.jpg

jknapper

Rough_Rock
Basically I moved the diamond around until it came into focus and could see the arrows. then clicked the picture. Are you saying any diamond will show arrows if positioned incorrectly?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Basically I moved the diamond around until it came into focus and could see the arrows. then clicked the picture.
----------------

You shouldn not block white light to enter pavilion of the diamond.

Try this:
- Put your camera on a table, lenses up.
- Put the i-scope on the lenses, pink up.
- Put a piece of glass on top of i-scope.
- Place the diamond on top of the glass, crown facing down to the camera.

----------------
Are you saying any diamond will show arrows if positioned incorrectly?
----------------

I was talking about light leakage. Only diamonds with high symmetry will show arrows but only ideal cut stones will show liitle light leakage :)

jknapper

Rough_Rock
K - I understand - I'll do that the day after thanksgiving - I put the ring back in the bank vault so that 1) I won't loose it 2) I won't risk popping the question before thanksgiving day. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results