shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on personalized License Plates

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Elegant, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. WTNLVR
    Brilliant_Rock

by WTNLVR » Jul 7, 2008
    I think the state sponsored charity plates are a great idea. I''m in Mass and we have them here. I''d get one but I have one of the really old green plates (27 years old, first and only plate I''ve ever had) can''t give that baby up-LOL. We have a site that you can plug in what you want and see if it''s taken already. I''m also really frugal and even though it''s for a good cause, I don''t want to renew every year vs. every 2 as I do now.

2. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Jul 7, 2008
    Well I was saying that most of the ones I spotted are about what people do for a living. Well today I was behind a car that said "Floss M" maybe a hygenist or dentist and then I saw one that belong to a realtor that said "List it"

3. VRBeauty
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by VRBeauty » Jul 7, 2008
    There was a time when I longed for a VW vanagon or even a plain old bus. I figured the perfect plates would read "1BRWVU." [​IMG]

4. miraclesrule
    Ideal_Rock

by miraclesrule » Jul 7, 2008
    Huh??[​IMG]

5. Elegant
    Brilliant_Rock

by Elegant » Jul 7, 2008
    No seriously...huh? [​IMG] I don''t get it! [​IMG]

Would it be interpreted one brow view? [​IMG] Help me! [​IMG]

6. divergrrl
    Ideal_Rock

by divergrrl » Jul 7, 2008
    I don''t like vanity plates because in the state I live in, all you need is a license plate #, $7, and the DMV will give you the address of the register owner.

So flip off some yahoo who cuts you off & he''s actually an ax murderer? Or stalker? Yeah, it''ll be easier to remember your HIQTPIE plate than if it said TQK 309...and then he shows up on your doorstep...ax in hand...

eee eee eee eee eee!

Check your state laws...

7. diamondfan
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondfan » Jul 7, 2008
    is it One bedroom with view?

8. miraclesrule
    Ideal_Rock

by miraclesrule » Jul 7, 2008
    Dayum woman, that was an awesome guess. I could see you winning Wheel of Fortune.

9. Elegant
    Brilliant_Rock

by Elegant » Jul 7, 2008
    Duh! if that''s it... that''s a darn good guess! Thanks!

10. diamondfan
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondfan » Jul 7, 2008
    Well, not sure I am even correct, but being that your van would be like a traveling apartment it just came to me. Do I win a year's worth of Rice-a-Roni? They write real estate ads like that cuz more letters cost more to run...1BRRVRVW is a one bedroom with a river view. (from NY real estate section).

Seems like it has to be something that ends with view (vu) but nothing else is hitting me right now.

11. VRBeauty
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by VRBeauty » Jul 7, 2008
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

I must have been house hunting when this one came to me.

The prize is not a case of Rice A Roni, just a year''s worth. That would be one box [​IMG].

12. diamondfan
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondfan » Jul 8, 2008
    Minims, I cannot believe I got it. I think there was a Neil Simon play called 6 Rooms River View but I recall the title being written out like an ad for an apartment. Anyone who has ever combed the real estate section knows the lingo, and I think that play got me thinking.

13. Elegant
    Brilliant_Rock

by Elegant » Jul 8, 2008
    Uh, that is a bit scary...Now that I have actually already purchased my plates, I will have to go to look that info up...scary!

diamondfan - You are good, VERY good!

14. RxTechRN2b
    Brilliant_Rock

by RxTechRN2b » Jul 9, 2008
    I love them (don''t have one but if I think of something cute not already taken I might go for it). Richard Carpenter -- news flash! My OTHER obsession besides diamonds is "The Carpenters" -- has a plate with a song he recorded with sister Karen. It says "SONG4YOU"

15. Bia
    Ideal_Rock

by Bia » Jul 9, 2008
    Do not love them. I do like the specialized plates though...Mass has a few: education, cape cod, red sox...etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.