shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on OEC? My first diamond seeking advice

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

This is the first diamond I have ever purchased and I really liked the vintage cuts but I am not 100% sure if this darkness in the center is a nailhead? It's very firey and a fireball in daylight and in the shade. I think I can see reflections from all throughout the stone, but there is sometimes a darkness. I really like the faceting. However, when the light is not so great, it looks darker. I'm not sure if this is normal/expected since it is a vintage cut. I was hoping some experts could chime in. Is this normal for an OEC or is the cut not so great? Thank you so much for your feedback! Sorry if some of the images are blurry.

GIA Stats:
1.11 ct
50% table, 62.4% depth
J VS2
Diamond-1.jpg
Diamond-2.jpg
Diamond-3.jpg
Diamond-4.jpg
Diamond-5.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely to me. My diamond can't be photographed all too well because a big black camera in it's face reflects in all her fat arrows. This very well could be the case here. Have you seen it in person.

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I have it in my possession, these are my photos. I think I'm starting to figure out that the black I see in the center might be my own hair! I didn't notice this earlier when I decided to purchase it, but at home somehow it's much more obvious. Is there a way to be sure that it's my head or it is part of the diamond (if that makes sense)?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. No nailhead. Very pretty faceting!

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!! I just can't stop staring at it. Can't wait until it gets set!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with others...she's a beauty!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely to me.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is very pretty. :appl:

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Looks like it has a nicely defined facet pattern which is what attracted me to old cuts :)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah that's lovely - the pattern looks nice and crisp. How are you going to set it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results