shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my proposal ideas!

SixtyTwo

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

It's been 4 years since I've met my beautiful, bubbly, sometimes shy & loving girlfriend. I've known her for a long time and asking for the ladies & gentlemen of pricescope to help me on the journey :)

Both ideas start by her thinking she's going to dinner/somewhere with a friend/family. Whilst she is away I will be setting up at the back garden. When she gets back and enters the house I would have a short clip playing on a tv about the journey to that moment (glimpses of me collecting the ring, asking for her parents permission and all the funny snippets of the moments leading up to that day). When it ends someone like her sister/nieces/friend would guide her to the backyard where the garden would be filled with candles, flowers and lights and with me waiting for her there.

Also the two variants are
1. I do it at her home so she's in a place where she is comfortable and with her family around (however that takes away the privacy of the moment) and the wow factor of it being new and different.
2. I find a lodge/AirBNB with a beautiful garden or lake at the back but would be harder to execute/surprise her as it would have to be some where further away from our homes but would be a unique place making it feel special.

So anxious, nervous and excited!!! Thoughts & opinions?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're not all alike, and you, of course, know her better than we do. But as someone who would find the presence of others (even beloved family members) to be distracting & because I cherished the intimacy of my then SO's "just us" proposal years ago, I vote for the last option, e.g., a little AirBnB cottage. You two might later decide to make that your honeymoon venue or a place you return to on one or more anniversaries. ;))

What would you think of using the photos, etc. to create a keepsake book of your journey, rather than a video, using Shutterfly or Mixbook:
https://www.shutterfly.com/
https://www.mixbook.com/

Shutterfly and Mixbook have improved their online software over the years; now offer lots more options than they once did; and you'll receive a quality book for relatively little money that you two can enjoy together -- and share with others (if you'd like) more easily than a video.

Do you have a particular date in mind?

SixtyTwo

Rough_Rock
We're not all alike, and you, of course, know her better than we do. But as someone who would find the presence of others (even beloved family members) to be distracting & because I cherished the intimacy of my then SO's "just us" proposal years ago, I vote for the last option, e.g., a little AirBnB cottage. You two might later decide to make that your honeymoon venue or a place you return to on one or more anniversaries. ;))

What would you think of using the photos, etc. to create a keepsake book of your journey, rather than a video, using Shutterfly or Mixbook:
https://www.shutterfly.com/
https://www.mixbook.com/

Shutterfly and Mixbook have improved their online software over the years; now offer lots more options than they once did; and you'll receive a quality book for relatively little money that you two can enjoy together -- and share with others (if you'd like) more easily than a video.

Do you have a particular date in mind?

Thanks Molly Malone,

You kinda opened my eyes on that one, so i've booked a very beautiful little home with an amazing backyard where i'll set up the special moment!

I'm going for the video because I want her to watch a mini video before I propose which will be like a trailer of the moments leading up to that day without giving away much detail but still being semi obvious (so video will be a just us 2 thing).

Yes the date will be the end of this month!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that sounds perfect, @SixtyTwo :appl:

Did you decide to get the ring from Whiteflash or Blue Nile? Whatever your decision, looking forward to seeing one or more photos of the ring, alone and/or on her hand, and other pics you care to share!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results