shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my Latest CAD?

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Just looking for thoughts on my latest CAD drawing. The prongs are supposed to be criss-crossed but other than that its going in the direction I had pictured. The one thing I am wondering about is the lack of a typical "round" ring opening on the topside. The inspiration here was Verragio designs but I am wondering if the detail here on the side should better stick to the round opening rather than the current design. Please provide all feedback!

11a61a68-41a4-47f1-876a-78e28e7a5b10.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd suggest clicking on report concern and having the Mods move your thread to Rocky Talk for more responses and feedback.

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock
Bump in hopes that others will comment....

One quick thought...the setting as it is designed now is set pretty high. Have you tried on settings that sit that high? I'm talking about the measurement on the bottom left picture that says 10mm. There is a large gap between the diamond culet and the setting, it seems like most people prefer to have less space that what you have in your CADS. This is also a diamond safety issue as setting that high may be more likely to get knocked on things as you go about your day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this for you or for someone else?

It is way too high, and I have a couple other concerns.

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Someone else. I took inspiration from a in store ring that she liked and was making changes to the profile view design. I have attached a picture of the ring from the store. This one measured at 8.5mm high or so. The initial CAD of the ring they really didn't make the changes I asked for but I'll include the CAD just to show basically the CAD version of the ring in store. I had the same height concern as you guys and am currently getting the ring lowered to the additional CAD I am including here which was a previous version which is set .5mm higher than the ring in store. Is it still too high?

She tried the one in store on and loved it. She likes side detail when viewed from a profile.

_1572.jpeg

aimg_3757.jpg

_36102.jpg

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1453258967|3978342 said:
Is this for you or for someone else?

It is way too high, and I have a couple other concerns.

Please share your concerns...I definitely don't want to mess this up!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert with CAD, but I really like the last iteration. The height is much better at 8.55mm, and I think the gallery flows very nicely. My one concern is that it seems you have extended the side stones further down the shank, so that it's almost a full eternity style. Having an eternity myself, I know that you have to be very careful. The bottom of the ring gets banged around a lot in everyday wear. I prefer the stones to go 3/4 like in the second iteration. Just something to think about. It's a beautiful ring!

VVFF

Rough_Rock
kmarla|1453304065|3978556 said:
I'm not an expert with CAD, but I really like the last iteration. The height is much better at 8.55mm, and I think the gallery flows very nicely. My one concern is that it seems you have extended the side stones further down the shank, so that it's almost a full eternity style. Having an eternity myself, I know that you have to be very careful. The bottom of the ring gets banged around a lot in everyday wear. I prefer the stones to go 3/4 like in the second iteration. Just something to think about. It's a beautiful ring!

Thanks for your opinion! Yes, the stones won't go that far...that was a misunderstanding on the designers part. No matter what design I go with the diamonds will only go "9 to 3"

I am really curious on peoples opinion of the original side detail design vs the last modified but with lower heigh (8.95). If the original is better I'll do with it...but I wanted to make it our own.

VVFF

Rough_Rock
On the original design I also didn't like that where the side detail comes out from the main ring...there is a section that doesn't have any diamonds but has little pave prongs I guess to emulate the rest of this area but to me it looks boring. Any ideas of maybe how to change this to make it a little different or make this transition a bit prettier (if you guys think the original side detail was better)?

_36107.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second.CAD is better. Pics.of inspiration ring also eased.my.mind since she tried it on. Just tell.them to.set the.center.stone lower.

Have you thought about what wedding band design will go next to it. Also on the shank, how many prongs.on each diamond?

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1453454500|3979603 said:
Second.CAD is better. Pics.of inspiration ring also eased.my.mind since she tried it on. Just tell.them to.set the.center.stone lower.

Have you thought about what wedding band design will go next to it. Also on the shank, how many prongs.on each diamond?

I am having them lower both designs to a common 8.55mm. When you say the "second CAD" which are you referring to?

It would appear that there are 4 pave prongs per diamond (with them shared in between) is this ok?

I have thought about the wedding band design and was picturing thin bands on each side of the ring to balance out the design. What do you think?

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Alright I got my "Final" CADs for each design. There were a few oddities like them not updating the stone size on one (7.05mm on both) and 5 vs. 6 diamonds for the half eternity. But the diamonds appear to be mounted roughly at the same height and much lower than the initial design (1.5mm lower). What do you guys think between the two designs??? I really would love any personal preferences!

128393haigs_of_rochestarf-3d.jpg

128393haigs_of_rochestarg-3d.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I.like the top.dssign as I feel it is cleaner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results