shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Martin Flyer settings???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coccochanel27

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has or has heard of the company Martin Flyer and what are your thoughts on them?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kristen. Yes, I had seen an ad in Town & Country Weddings for Martin Flyer, advertising the Flyer Fit.

Their e-rings and w-bands are designed to sit flush together. The designs are more sophisticated than the typical flush fit setting where the e-ring just has a tiffany- or martini-style head soldered to basically the same band as the w-band.

It depends if you like the look of MF''s designs. They are pretty unique. On the e-ring, the basket prongs are very thin and the basket tucks under the diamond pretty dramatically. In my humble opinion, the e-ring setting looks a little odd by itself, and you definitely need the wedding band to complete the look.

Have you tried them on?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
His settings are perfectly nice, but there are others I prefer. Only let the insurance guy sell you a flyer if that is really what you want!!! Otherwise hold out for the other setting, they need to replace like with like if you request it.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Neatfreak. When I was shopping for my new ring setting, the first one I came across that I actually liked was of Martin Flyer''s. However, as I expanded my search, I realized that there were many pieces by other designers that were a lot more attractive and better made. I ended up choosing an Endless Love micropave setting with halo by Ritani. Keep looking!!!

Oh, by the way, I am now a fan of Leon Mege. I hadn''t heard about him or seen his art (really, his pieces are best described as art) when I chose my setting, but I wish I had.
8.gif
Well, my next piece is definitely going to be made by him.
4.gif
30.gif

coccochanel27

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s input. I have tried a few of the MArtin Flyer pieces on and they are lovely and seem pretty high in quality. But I am going to fight to get the same setting I had made by Somos. It is more unique than any of the MF settings I''ve seen. Here is a link for the same setting I had. The Somos website doesn''t show it but RobbinsDiamonds does. I''m not sure if i want the band that goes with it though. I had an estate piece curved ring with baguettes that matched nicely since Somos did not make the band to match then.
http://weddingband.com/somos9012.html

coccochanel27

Rough_Rock
9.gif
Wow Khody..i just looked at the leon mege site.....ME LIKEY!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results