shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on marquise - Ideal Scope pics attached

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
These are the ideal scope pics of a marquise I plan to sell on eBay (I had bought it for an e-ring but have since settled on a halo type setting for a RB).

I only have two jewellers' appraisals (no GIA, etc) which put it as 0.5ct E-F color and VVS2 clarity. I'm going to post the ideal scope pics in the listing to give people a better idea about the stone. Could someone take a look at them and tell me if it looks like a decent cut? I don't want to start describing it as a good stone if it's more like frozen spit. To my untrained eye it looks quite nice and very clear. It does have some sparkle but it's not exactly blinding, though I know marquise aren't necessarily known for their sparkle.

The first pic is as it came off the camera, the second has gone through the 'smart fix' in Photoshop Elements and shows the white a bit more clearly.

Incidentally - after several aborted attempts at keeping the stone facing upright as I took the pictures, I made two little notches in the ideal scope light's pre-cut holes for the marquise to sit in. Worked a treat
2.gif

Thanks in advance - and once again, no offers on here thanks
5.gif

so4aaf.jpg

so4adl.jpg

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Just a bump as no one's replied yet.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this or will Ideal scope pics help me sell on eBay? I've explored other ways of selling the stone but I think eBay's going to be my best bet and I want to appear as trustworthy as possible (ie not like the people who sell 'stunning', eye clean I1 and I2 stones). I already have a 75 feedback rating, so no problems there.

Any help describing the stone as accurately as possible is very much appreciated.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks interesting - the shape. As for the IS image, you can alwyas link up your Ebay page to the refference about fancies at www.ideal-scope.com And maybe here. Your choice, I guess.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock

Interesting in what way?

9.gif

I think a link to the IS page is a good idea but it doesn''t say a lot about Marquise. Relatively speaking, does this one look better or worse than average?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2006 5:07:20 AM
Author: thunkpad

Interesting in what way?

9.gif

Look like a pea pod to me - wide towards the ends. I am not sure how many like this I might have found before, but not many. Neither good not bad, I suppose.

I think a link to the IS page is a good idea but it doesn't say a lot about Marquise. Relatively speaking, does this one look better or worse than average?

If Garry didn't care to provide a reference chart for the Ideal Scope for fancies... I can at most take a wild guess. I don't know what the average marquise cut looks under IS (or any such cut grading reference). The picture you have taken looks surprisingly red to me - maybe because the diamond is a charmer, maybe because it so happened under the camera - don't know about that. I am not an expert and can't endorse your future Ebay listing I am afraid. You know as much as I do by now
38.gif
IMO, it would be fair to let your buyers get to the info and judge for themselves.

About Ideal Scope on Ebay... you may be the only one listing such pictures! I might have seen a few round diamonds with images taken via the Hears and Arrows viewer on Ebay so far, but no Ideal Scope (well, not that I keep looking for it). Aside the folks reading these forums, I doubt many would know what that is. Could be wrong, but.. try a search on Ebay for yourself.

Does it look good for me Yes, but that doesn't mean I could stand behind my guesstimate.
34.gif

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your opinion.

I haven''t got the stone infront of me at the mo but for some reason, in the hand, I don''t remember it being quite so ''plump''. Maybe the 2D plan view gives the impression of it being fatter than it is. Will take another look.

I guess I''ll just put all the info I can and leave it up to the buyers. Generally I find with any eBay sale - the more you can tell people, the more likely they are to bid.

Will let you know how I get on.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to follow this up. I sold the stone on eBay a couple of weeks back for maginally more than a jeweller offered me and marginally less than I paid for it second hand myself so not a bad outcome really. I did use the Idealscope pictures on the listing for what it was worth.

The buyer was very happy in the end and had it valued here in the UK for more than three times what he paid which is about right for high street prices here.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/4/2006 5:57:08 AM
Author: thunkpad
The buyer was very happy in the end and had it valued here in the UK for more than three times what he paid which is about right for high street prices here.
Well done Thunkpad.

BTW the book about eats roots and leaves, or was that: Eats, roots, and leaves

In USA they may think street prices are high
But i know what you mean

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Ah yes - allow me to translate. High street = mall
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results