shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on Jewelry Expos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
I''ve never been to one, but have been recommended to check them out as an option while searching for an eRing. Not sure how prices would compare to on-line prices. Anyone have experience with attendance and/or purchasing at one of these? Apparently we''re having one locally sometime in November.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just went to the one in the Chicago area last month. I''m sure every show is different, but the one here had a lot of colored gemstones, pre-made jewelry (earrings, necklaces, etc.) and other stuff, but not a lot of engagement rings. There were a bunch of vendors with mountings, so if you had a stone that you wanted to mount you may get lucky and find something that you like that fits your stone. There were also some vendors with loose diamonds, but not a ton of those either.

My philosophy about things like this is that it can''t hurt to go and look because you never know what you might find, but have some other options in mind too outside of the show.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''ll take the blame, shame, or credit (here claiming all 3) for inciting a movement of Pricescope get togethers at these things not too long ago.

In DC metro, folks have had the good sense to frequently drop the show part, and just have the meal together...but always fitting in shopping (in connection with eating, also, thank you).

I''m now not a big fan, but others are. They''re a functional place to contextualize a meeting for Pricescope groupies, though.

Mainly agree with Dee*Jay. Also, it''s a place where you can, if you want, confirm for yourself that a lot of people who have chosen to make diamond selling their profession...don''t seem to optimize on what they can do, with respect to benefiting their customer.

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
I know of some guys who have made loose stone purchases at previous expos. Never got around to talking about pricing. Perhaps now might be a good time to revisit the topic and see how they fare to on-line pricing. Thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results