shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on ''J'' color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeasher

Rough_Rock
So if you have purchased a 'J' color diamond are you happy with it? Is it as great a value as it seems? Should I go lower in size and higher in quality? Ok, now talk amongst yourselves...

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have sold many J color diamonds over the years. I have never had one complaint. I know peoples opinions vary, but mine is if you can find a well cut J color, maybe add a little blue fluorescence and you can have a winner.

You need to do a side by side comparison of J and higher colors, then you will know what you like and what your budget thinks is the right choice.

jeasher

Rough_Rock
How long you been in the business Steve? What would you do given the choice of a Ideal J or and Ideal H? The J is bigger and less $$.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Depends how much bigger and if the size crosses a magic threshhold, like 1 ct. If the bigger one was 1.07 ct and the smaller one was 1.02 ct, then I would get the smaller one with better color. Also depends on how ideal each cut is, who certified each one, etc.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Also depends a great deal on the Cut.

A beautifully cut " J " diamond will appear bigger and
face up whiter than its mediocre cut counterpart.

We've sold "J" color SuperbCerts that 'face-up'
'H'.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

jeasher

Rough_Rock
I have no certification of the 'J' colored stone, and the 'H' is EGL cert. The 'J' is 1.30 and the 'H' is 1.14. Quality is SI2 and SI1 respectively.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Which EGL lab?

Barry
www.superbcert.com

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Answer to your question; 33 years I've been selling diamonds.

I will have to *assume* the grading is correct and the diamonds are indeed cut the same(which I doubt) I would choose the smaller diamond with a little better color and a little better clarity.

Now assuming the cut isn't exactly the same (which I'm sure it isn't) then I would want to view the two diamonds side by side before I would pass judgement.

I just read this again before I posted it, I think I should have been a politician

jeasher

Rough_Rock
Probably EGL in Israel or New York but that's speculation. I can't find it anywhere on the certificate.

barry

Shiny_Rock
You can't find it on the Cert, that's odd.

EGL-NY states that it is EGL-NY as should the other
EGL Labs state their location.
Are you sure the Cert is legit?

Barry
www.superbcert.com

jeasher

Rough_Rock
The certificate has to be legit. I am buying the diamond from a friend who is a wholesaler. It's not possible that he would rip me off. It's really a magnificent stone. What other distinguishing characteristics would this certificate have? It is dated 8/10/02 if EGL has made any changes. I'm interested to hear back from you.

Thanks.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Did not mean to imply that at all.

I believe the EGL Certs state their origin
as the EGL-NY does. You may want to ask your friend
about this. I'm sure there is a good explanation.

Best wishes,

Barry
www.superbcert.com

jeasher

Rough_Rock
Hey that's cool man, I know what you meant. I'm not going to ask him about it though because I don't want to insult him or embarass myself. I trust him. Besides, I am paying $4930 for a 1.14, H, SI1, Ideal diamond. The thing has amazing fire and blinds me when I look at it in sunlight (no joke). He hand picked this stone for me out of a huge inventory he had available. I mean, I was on the phone with the guy while he hand-searched dozens of loose stones on his desk. Not a bad deal eh?

barry

Shiny_Rock
Enjoy it! and once again best wishes to you!

Barry
www.superbcert.com

jeasher

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a great price. Maybe 10% to 20% off internet prices, which are already way less than store prices. Hard to know exactly without knowing everything about it, but you got a good deal for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results