shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on double and triple strands?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my boss came in last week wearing a new double strand. Major love :love: . White pearls, on a larger side - didn't have time to really stare to figure out mm size :tongue: . Both strands were long and had some space between them, maybe 5" or so. Shorter was definetly over 20" and longer less than 30".

I always thought double strands were a dated look but now seeing this one, I have reconsidered. They just looked really nice on her. So looking to get thoughts and opinions on wearability and look of double and triple strands. Maybe even pictures of how you wear them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Rather than getting a fixed double strand, I prefer a rope of pearls. A 45" rope will give you a 20" and 25" double combo, or you can wear it long, or long with a knot in the middle of the strand. I have a 62" extra long rope from Sarah at Kojima Pearls that can even be worn triple.

Baroque1660.jpg

Baroque1666.jpg

Baroque1623.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with fly girl. I have long ropes or created graduated individual strands which I can wear together or alone. In the past I had made graduated strands that were attached and didn't care for the look on me. When I do make the graduated strands I make sure I can clip one of my enhancers on the top one closest to the throat without hitting the strand hanging below. I always wear my enhancers on them if I wear stands together.

PearlsOfJoy

Rough_Rock
Trade
I don't see them as a dated look, I prefer to call it a "classic" look, there's a reason woman have been wearing double/triple strands all these years. I feel wearing the strands close together is more of a traditional look while wearing multiple strands and ropes with spacing between the strands is more trendy at the moment - both have their place in a woman's wardrobe.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Probably true Pearls of Joy, I guess it's where you live that makes the difference. I live in a very small town in rural Alabama. I don't see a strand of Tahitians on anyone but me. Most pearls on the ladies down here are not even real, let alone three strand cultured pearls.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1325648596|3094602 said:
Rather than getting a fixed double strand, I prefer a rope of pearls. A 45" rope will give you a 20" and 25" double combo, or you can wear it long, or long with a knot in the middle of the strand. I have a 62" extra long rope from Sarah at Kojima Pearls that can even be worn triple.

What a nice strand, Fly Girl! I really like the look when strands are spaced apart rather than nestled together. I see how a longer strand makes more sense for versatility. However, I have never been able to keep my longer pieces perfectly layered. Somehow they slide up to choke me :confused: . Granted, they're not pearls but chains, not sure if that makes a difference. What's the trick to keeping the layered look intact? Not like I'm doing jumping jacks over here.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1325802094|3095985 said:
Probably true Pearls of Joy, I guess it's where you live that makes the difference. I live in a very small town in rural Alabama. I don't see a strand of Tahitians on anyone but me. Most pearls on the ladies down here are not even real, let alone three strand cultured pearls.

I haven't seen a double or triple strand in a long while, except maybe on Barbara Bush, but that's not in real life and I don't live near her anyway. :wink2:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1325819962|3096222 said:
Fly Girl|1325648596|3094602 said:

What a nice strand, Fly Girl! I really like the look when strands are spaced apart rather than nestled together. I see how a longer strand makes more sense for versatility. However, I have never been able to keep my longer pieces perfectly layered. Somehow they slide up to choke me :confused: . Granted, they're not pearls but chains, not sure if that makes a difference. What's the trick to keeping the layered look intact? Not like I'm doing jumping jacks over here.
I adjust them back periodically throughout the day. Kind of like when I give my hair a quick brushing during the day. They don't move that fast on me.

The other thing I am looking for is a clip to fasten them together. I know that they are available, but I haven't purchased one yet.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
In Victorian times , ladies used this item to keep their strands perfectly spaced apart when they didn't wear them long. You can actually find 14k versions with genuine pearls over there. You space the pearls like you want, then clip the safety pin over them letting the pearls in the pin hold the others in place. I never purchased one of these, but did use a regular safety pin the same way then put on my suit for work. The back of the jacket hid the pin. A 10 cent fix for the age old problem. Fishing line works too, then you can clip it at the end of the day. Then there is this version, but it only holds two strands. https://www.riogrande.com/Product/14K-Yellow-Gold-Necklace-Shortener/620363?pos=5

safetypin.jpg

Adamo_Pearl

Rough_Rock
I always thought pearls in general were for "ladies" when I was much younger. But I'm surprised to find how interested I am in them now. And they are coming back in fashion, even among the younger generation. I find a 2 strand look is nice and classy without overdoing it.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
i LOVE three strand (like 17-18-19 look) as well as the long layered rope look. Pearl paradise has a pretty 2 strand 17 and 18 in on sale for V-day...the versatility of a rope is pretty compelling though :cheeky:

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous rope Fly Girl, thanks for sharing those photos. :wink2:

I recently inherited white double akoya strands and I am surprised how often I want to wear them. At first I thought they were just for occasions, but now I think they are classic. I find myself choosing an outfit to wear based on the possibility of wearing them. Now that I have them, I am really enjoying finding an excuse to wear them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i lust for Fly Girl's rope!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1327299548|3109388 said:
i lust for Fly Girl's rope!
Ahhh, thanks for the smile, MZ. :))

Thank you, also, lucyloo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results