shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on de beers diamonds??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ShoppingForARing

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i got these prices (includes any de beers setting)...worth looking into further? Anybody have any thoughts on their diamonds?

1.11ct. $10,800 G VS1
1.11ct. $16,500 G VVS1
1.11ct. $14,500 F VS1
1.21ct. $16,200 G VVS2
1.24ct. $14,000 D SI1
1.52ct. $16,200 I VS2

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you can get a very nice stone if not better for a better price through Pricescope vendors. I am quite happy with my stone and saved probably $1k by buying online.
1.gif

ShoppingForARing

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thats what i thought too..though, I LOVEEE the settings they have at de beers...

for some reason the diamonds at de beers shined so well. i think it was the special lighting they have there

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:46:13 PM
Author: ShoppingForARing
thats what i thought too..though, I LOVEEE the settings they have at de beers...

for some reason the diamonds at de beers shined so well. i think it was the special lighting they have there
Yes, it is the lighting; I walked in to the de beers in LV and my stone looked just like those. What did the setting look like? I bet you could find something similar.
1.gif

bdanziger

Rough_Rock
I would love to know this as well.

I was in De Beers today and the lady said their cuts are better than hearts and arrows because H&A is only perfect on one level, theirs is perfect on all levels....not sure how that is possible, maybe she meant to say near perfect on all levels but I don''t even believe that. She went on to say how De Beers taught GIA how to grade!

Anyone else have any thoughts on De Beers quality?

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 2:10:10 AM
Author: bdanziger
I would love to know this as well.

I was in De Beers today and the lady said their cuts are better than hearts and arrows because H&A is only perfect on one level, theirs is perfect on all levels....not sure how that is possible, maybe she meant to say near perfect on all levels but I don''t even believe that. She went on to say how De Beers taught GIA how to grade!

Anyone else have any thoughts on De Beers quality?
That comment seems very silly to me! However, I have looked at a couple De Beers rings at their store... they do seem to be very well made. There is something to be said for the overall package. Also, their signature surprise diamond inside the band is a nice touch.

If you love and have become attached to a particular De Beers setting, you will only be able to get it there. But if you''re not particularly attached to one of their settings and are trying to evaluate value for quality of diamond alone, you can do better online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results