shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on CAD images

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
CAD's are just chunky looking. If you're worried, verify with the vendor that the finished product will look more like the website CAD than the CAD they sent you. Be specific, e.g. the prongs will be more delicate, the metal holding in the baguette diamonds will be thinner, the baguette diamonds will be same proportion and size relative to the metal as depicted in the website CAD, etc. If they verify that it will be a certain way, then you will have grounds to stand on if it doesn't turn out a like that.

BabyOwen

Rough_Rock
Thank you for responding! The contacts at Dimend Scaasi have been great and I'm sure we'll get it worked out. It's just a little scary because we loved the website images and want the ring to look just like that :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like the metal border/edge of the area where the baguettes and traps are is wider in the CAD's than in the photo. I would make sure they aren't using smaller proportionally stones in the shank than they should be in order to match the photo on the website. Does that make sense? It looks like if the diamonds on the shank were slightly larger (or wider), then the border of metal would be thinner giving you more the look on the website.

Lovely ring, I really hope it turns out beautifully for you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dimend Scaasi does a good job. I would like to recommend you ask them to comfort fit that shank though. It is not going to be comfortable to wear as it is.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - comfort fit the shank because it is thick? Heavy? Can understand from looking at it that it would be better as a comfort fit but cannot put into words why? Can you?

CAF

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because if the edges are not rounded then its not as comfortable. That's why it's called "comfort fit." The edges of that shank are going to be uncomfortable.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results